Question regarding a perk for a Jr. suite

3 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

IMO a Jr suite would be more correctly called a Sr balcony.

I think they had a similar name when they first were introduced.  Like Super Balcony, or something like that.  I don't recall when they changed the name.

2 hours ago, Bee Guy said:

IMO a Jr suite would be more correctly called a Sr balcony.

Except that as a Junior Suite you get double C & A points.  If it was a super balcony you wouldn't.  You also can have dinner at Coastal Kitchen and use the Suite boarding line but pay non-suite gratuities.  Cost wouldn't change if they renamed it, so there are advantages to calling it a Junior Suite.  

8 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

Except that as a Junior Suite you get double C & A points.  If it was a super balcony you wouldn't.  You also can have dinner at Coastal Kitchen and use the Suite boarding line but pay non-suite gratuities.  Cost wouldn't change if they renamed it, so there are advantages to calling it a Junior Suite.  

Most JS's aren't on ships with a CK

FWIW, I think the OP meant Senior Balcony

Edited by John&LaLa

Way back, everything was also letter-coded.  Starting with balcony, there were E & D.  JS were C.  Grand Suites were B.  I'm thinking that Owner's Suites were always OS and Royal Suites were RS. I'm probably fuzzy on the whole "A level" thing because they were not even really on my radar back then.  😊

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

You're welcome.  I should have added the OV Panoramic Suite too.

Oh yes! The cost for us after it changed to a full suite was so much more than the lucky soul who happened to book it quite far back before the change and who sails the week before us.  But still, we really thought it would be a nice change from the usual RCL suite, it is certainly very unique (and we like the 2nd bedroom and half bath).

Edited by 2Beeze

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Most JS's aren't on ships with a CK

FWIW, I think the OP meant Senior Balcony

Yes, but if it was a "senior balcony," it likely would not qualify for CK on ships that have a CK, the suite line for boarding, double points.   And I doubt that there'd be a reduction in price.  It's semantics, but in this case I think that the semantics matter for some perks.

50 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

Yes, but if it was a "senior balcony," it likely would not qualify for CK on ships that have a CK, the suite line for boarding, double points.   And I doubt that there'd be a reduction in price.  It's semantics, but in this case I think that the semantics matter for some perks.

There's the problem,  a JS on Oasis is very different than a JS on Oasis or Anthem. 

Are the days of JS access to CK numbered?

Edited by John&LaLa

11 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

We are very close to diamond so we booked a JS for the double points.  We have had JS several times while on Med. cruises.  We enjoy a bit of extra room and a larger bath.

But, we always pay our gratuities in advance and have always payed the suite price of $ 17.95 per day.  I just checked my invoice.  Maybe this has changed?

11 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

We are very close to diamond so we booked a JS for the double points.  We have had JS several times while on Med. cruises.  We enjoy a bit of extra room and a larger bath.

But, we always pay our gratuities in advance and have always payed the suite price of $ 17.95 per day.  I just checked my invoice.  Maybe this has changed?

You overpaid gratuities.  Here is the direct quote from Royal Caribbean's website:

"The automatic service gratuity is $14.50 USD per person, per day for guests in Junior Suites and below, or $17.50 USD per person, per day for guests in Grand Suites and above, applied to each guest’s SeaPass account on a daily basis"