Can't log on with iPad or iPhone

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Just curious but how many times does one need to say tapatalk is not supported anymore?  I know it still works at times but it is not supported.  This is about not being able to log onto CC boards period.

This thread is not about Tapatalk but I  would say that your statement that Tapatalk is not supported is not correct. Tapatalk uses the boards.cruisecritic.com web page for log in. If the boards.cruisecritic.com log in is fixed then Tapatalk will work again like it did before the log ins failed at boards.cruisecritic.com. Not all that well but it will work. Bringing Tapatalk up is moot though until underlying forum issues are fixed. 

Edited by Charles4515

18 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

This thread is not about Tapatalk but I  would say that your statement that Tapatalk is not supported is not correct. Tapatalk uses the boards.cruisecritic.com web page for log in. If the boards.cruisecritic.com log in is fixed then Tapatalk will work again like it did before the log ins failed at boards.cruisecritic.com. Not all that well but it will work. Bringing Tapatalk up is moot though until underlying forum issues are fixed. 

Maybe I worded it wrong but the point is it does not work with Tapatalk.  Tapatalk says that CC needs a new update and CC said they are not going to do it. 

3 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Maybe I worded it wrong but the point is it does not work with Tapatalk.  Tapatalk says that CC needs a new update and CC said they are not going to do it. 

Can you link the reference to CC indicating it is not going to provide an update needed by Tapatalk?

The log in issue / unsecured scripts issue has been corrected which should also mean you can log in on your mobile browser.

I will ask re: tapatalk and branded app update.  Last I heard it was being worked on

I have updated the announcement to include instructions on how to clear this error IF you still have it, but forgot to share here.

Please clear your browser cache if you are still experiencing issues with log in or see the unsecured scripts error

If you need help with clearing cache please let me know what browser you use and I can help :)

11 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

I have updated the announcement to include instructions on how to clear this error IF you still have it, but forgot to share here.

Please clear your browser cache if you are still experiencing issues with log in or see the unsecured scripts error

If you need help with clearing cache please let me know what browser you use and I can help 🙂

Huge thanks, Jenn.  I cleared the cache in Chrome, and no longer have either problem.    Thanks again!

3 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

The log in issue / unsecured scripts issue has been corrected which should also mean you can log in on your mobile browser.

I will ask re: tapatalk and branded app update.  Last I heard it was being worked on

Thanks a million Jen sure miss Tapa talk 

Was working fine on a couple of visits earlier today [Safari 12.1.1;  MacOS] and then needed to log in again from the site home page.

In the header above this text box, I can see the 'log in' icon, while currently logged in

44 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

Was working fine on a couple of visits earlier today [Safari 12.1.1;  MacOS] and then needed to log in again from the site home page.

In the header above this text box, I can see the 'log in' icon, while currently logged in

Did you clear your browser cache today?

My Samsung tablet shows that I am logged in.  I had to click on "Desktop site" to do that.  However, even though I am logged in, when I click on "boards" and try to click on the little bell, or "unread," "following" or "participated," the message comes up "To access this feature, please join or log in to this group."   From that page, if I click on the three lines in the top LEFT of the screen, I get these options: Home, Login, Register & Settings.  I don't understand why login is an option when two page clicks earlier, I was indeed logged in.  So, I go ahead and click "login" and enter my username and password.  I type it in, and a little message briefly pops up at the bottom of the screen that says "false."  So.... I hit the back button a few times and find myself back at the home screen, where once again the "logout" option is next to the little person/profile icon.  Which of course means I'm logged in.  But I'm not.  I can't go anywhere from there.  When I try to, it's tells me "you must login ..."  It's a never-ending circle.  Please help.  

27 minutes ago, Stampin' Cruiser said:

My Samsung tablet shows that I am logged in.  I had to click on "Desktop site" to do that.  However, even though I am logged in, when I click on "boards" and try to click on the little bell, or "unread," "following" or "participated," the message comes up "To access this feature, please join or log in to this group."   From that page, if I click on the three lines in the top LEFT of the screen, I get these options: Home, Login, Register & Settings.  I don't understand why login is an option when two page clicks earlier, I was indeed logged in.  So, I go ahead and click "login" and enter my username and password.  I type it in, and a little message briefly pops up at the bottom of the screen that says "false."  So.... I hit the back button a few times and find myself back at the home screen, where once again the "logout" option is next to the little person/profile icon.  Which of course means I'm logged in.  But I'm not.  I can't go anywhere from there.  When I try to, it's tells me "you must login ..."  It's a never-ending circle.  Please help.  

Clear cookies for boards.cruisecritic.com and if any, www.cruisecritic.com.

43 minutes ago, broberts said:

Clear cookies for boards.cruisecritic.com and if any, www.cruisecritic.com.

Done.  Did not work.  Will not allow me to log in.  The only way I can login is if I reset my password.  I have done that at least a dozen times over the last fews days.  In fact, every time I go to the website, that's what I have to do.  I know my password.  I know I'm putting it in right.  It will not allow me to login.  Even then, when I reset the password and I can SEE I'm logged in, once I hit the "Boards" tab, it says "To access this feature, please join or log in to this group," and BOOM, I'm out again and can only get back in by resetting my password.  Which of course takes me to the home page, where I'm logged in ... until I hit the "Boards" tab.  Round and round we go.  I cannot use the site on my tablet.  Or my phone.

The same password thing happens with my laptop (yes, I've cleaned the cookies on that, too).  Unless I leave the window open on my laptop at all times, it logs me out and will not let me log back in.  I have to change my password.  Every time.  Every. Single. Time.  However, at least when reset the password and it takes me to the site and I click on boards on my laptop, it takes me to the boards.  But God help me if I log out, because I have to reset the password all over again. 

It's ridiculous.  I don't always have my laptop, so I can only access the site when I'm home.

Edited by Stampin' Cruiser

27 minutes ago, Stampin' Cruiser said:

Done.  Did not work.

Have you cleared website cache as well in the last few days? Subsequent to the login issue being fixed users have to clear both cache and cookies to get rid of the login problem. If you haven't done so, that may be the problem.

4 minutes ago, broberts said:

Have you cleared website cache as well in the last few days? Subsequent to the login issue being fixed users have to clear both cache and cookies to get rid of the login problem. If you haven't done so, that may be the problem.

Yes, I did both on the laptop yesterday and on the tablet today. Honestly, I've had this issue on the site forever.  I just never come on here until I've booked a cruise, but I have this trouble with my laptop every time I start using the site.  I can't even tell you how many times I've reset my password.  I've lost count.

13 minutes ago, Stampin' Cruiser said:

Yes, I did both on the laptop yesterday and on the tablet today. Honestly, I've had this issue on the site forever.  I just never come on here until I've booked a cruise, but I have this trouble with my laptop every time I start using the site.  I can't even tell you how many times I've reset my password.  I've lost count.

You actually have a different issue.  I’ll reach out via email we have on record for you 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:00 AM, CC Help Jenn said:

If you need help with clearing cache please let me know what browser you use and I can help 🙂

Jen just wondering are we getting any closer to getting the issue with Tapa Talk resolved 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 8:01 AM, CC Help Jenn said:

I am afraid not - once i have new info I will let you know

Hi Jen 

tapa talk was working great yesterday then  it crashed and would not let me log in at all. I then tried to log in on my computer into the boards and it kept saying error. I has to wait 12 hrs to get back on the boards and the only way is through the browser just a heads up.