Can't log on with iPad or iPhone

For the previous two posters. 

On my iPhone I had to use www.cruiscritic.com, the sites main web page. The sub board for the forums, boards.cruisecritic.com will not work. The log in is under the three hashes at the top right. 

On an iPad from www. cruisecritic.com turn your iPad horizontally and you will see the log in on the menu to click. 

Edited by Charles4515

20 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

On an iPad from www. cruisecritic.com turn your iPad horizontally and you will see the log in on the menu to click. 

Hi Charles4515 and Jenn

Charles415, thank-you for your help, but I was aware that my IPad had to be in the horizontal positition, this was not the issue.

The problem was when pressing the Log In icon, nothing happened. The window allowing to input my user name and password did not open and it is no longer opening; therefore removing my normal way to access the boards.

Thank you Jenn, for the temporary Log In Instructions. Although not as convenient, at least I have now access to the boards. Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

I have read the threads but  i’m not finding anything related to the problem I’m having. I cannot  even view the website from my iPhone or iPad. The interesting thing about my problem is that it happens sporadically. I am able to post right now from my phone, but other times I get an error message “403 ERROR the request could not be satisfied” - I’m attaching a screenshot photo.  I’ve cleared all history, I’ve tried different browsers...what am I doing wrong? 

D0F2F7CF-D7F7-4DBC-828F-B349EEE31F4B.jpeg

Edited by OT-Miami

On 6/26/2019 at 10:47 PM, SuzeCruz1 said:

I couldn't log in earlier today on my desktop (Mac, using Safari).

This evening, I could, but now I can't log out, even though the CC  screen is showing 'log in'.  I tried signing off (twice) by using the drop down next to my screen name, but am still logged in.

image.png.f3cb630b865bd517d2b7e6576fcf33b8.png

On 6/28/2019 at 11:23 AM, CC Help Jenn said:

It looks like it has been worked out - at least in my tests

If anyone is still having issues please reply

I am having issues as described above.  I can't log out, can't see CV that shows the countdown clock creator. I'm perpetually logged in.  My signature was all messed up until I deleted all the countdown clocks.  This is the case on laptop, iPhone and iPad.

4 hours ago, OT-Miami said:

I have read the threads but  i’m not finding anything related to the problem I’m having. I cannot  even view the website from my iPhone or iPad. The interesting thing about my problem is that it happens sporadically. I am able to post right now from my phone, but other times I get an error message “403 ERROR the request could not be satisfied” - I’m attaching a screenshot photo.  I’ve cleared all history, I’ve tried different browsers...what am I doing wrong? 

This may well be related to the unauthorized script error Chrome users are seeing. It is discussed in

In addition to clearing history have you cleared website data?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, broberts said:

This may well be related to the unauthorized script error Chrome users are seeing. It is discussed in

In addition to clearing history have you cleared website data?

To clarify, my issue is not with logging in.  I receive the error message by simply trying to acces the CC website.  It does not happen all the time, but it never happens on my desktop computer - only when I try to visit the website on my iphone or ipad.  Perhaps this is the wrong thread for this, but I did not find any other related threads...

38 minutes ago, OT-Miami said:

To clarify, my issue is not with logging in.  I receive the error message by simply trying to acces the CC website.  It does not happen all the time, but it never happens on my desktop computer - only when I try to visit the website on my iphone or ipad.  Perhaps this is the wrong thread for this, but I did not find any other related threads...

The screenshot says boards.cruisecritic.com. Don’t log in from the boards page. Log in from the main website page. www.cruisecritic.com

FYI for those that have not seen Jenn's banner at the top of the board screens:

We are currently experiencing issues with our boards log in functionality.

If you are having trouble logging in, the following instructions seem to be a working alternative while my tech team tackles the problem.

1.  Go to our home page (not on the boards) cruisecritic.com

2.  Log in on that page, then click the boards link to come back to the forums

3. It may look like you are not logged in (the space at the top of the page where you normally log out will still say "Log In") but you are actually logged in an can use the forums like normal.

Thank you for your patience while we work on this issue. 

23 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The screenshot says boards.cruisecritic.com. Don’t log in from the boards page. Log in from the main website page. www.cruisecritic.com

I am not having issues logging in.  My issue is accessing the discussion boards.  I can view the CC website and login, but once I click on "BOARDS" I immediately get the error message.  This happens whether I log in first from the main screen or not, but only from my iphone or ipad, not from my desktop.  And to make it even more frustrating, it does not happen every time I try to access the boards on my phone, only sporadically...

I guess my issue is more unique than I thought.  Or perhaps I am simply on the wrong thread, but I haven't found anything similar to what I am experiencing.  Can anyone point me in the right direction to contact support directly?  TIA

24 minutes ago, OT-Miami said:

I am not having issues logging in.  My issue is accessing the discussion boards.  I can view the CC website and login, but once I click on "BOARDS" I immediately get the error message.  This happens whether I log in first from the main screen or not, but only from my iphone or ipad, not from my desktop.  And to make it even more frustrating, it does not happen every time I try to access the boards on my phone, only sporadically...

I guess my issue is more unique than I thought.  Or perhaps I am simply on the wrong thread, but I haven't found anything similar to what I am experiencing.  Can anyone point me in the right direction to contact support directly?  TIA

I sent you an email :) 

On 7/9/2019 at 9:52 PM, OT-Miami said:

I had this problem yesterday on all my devices - Lap Top, iPad & iPhone.

I even changed my password, but still could not log in on any device.

The e mail giving me the new password had a link to report if I was still having problems. I reported it and was sent a reply  e mail.  This suggested I went on Cruise Critic .com, which I put into my Google search. 

It allowed me to Log in via my Lap Top - today.

So, I have tried on my iPad and find that it defaults to Cruise Critic.co.uk, but at least I am on the site!!

Thank goodness.

I presume the site was down yesterday, maybe the IT department were fixing the issues.

I can log on to my main PC, but cannot use the app of my iPhone. I have reset passwords multiple times, and my desktop remains fine, but the app says Log In failed - Forgot Password?  NO!!! I'm about to head off on my cruise and I like to post. I will now have to do it through safari on my browser which is not as easy.  I guess we are all having similar problems?

Just now, ian441672 said:

I can log on to my main PC, but cannot use the app of my iPhone. I have reset passwords multiple times, and my desktop remains fine, but the app says Log In failed - Forgot Password?  NO!!! I'm about to head off on my cruise and I like to post. I will now have to do it through safari on my browser which is not as easy.  I guess we are all having similar problems?

PS - this has been going on for a few weeks now, for me at least.

40 minutes ago, ian441672 said:

You have identified the issue. The CC APP has not worked since the software update in October. You must use a mobile browser. There has been some discussion about Tapatalk; I’m not sure whether the issues have been corrected. 

Edited by gnome12

1 hour ago, ian441672 said:

I use Safari to access CC on my mobile devices all the time. It’s really not a problem.  

Enjoy your cruise! 

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

You have identified the issue. The CC APP has not worked since the software update in October. You must use a mobile browser. There has been some discussion about Tapatalk; I’m not sure whether the issues have been corrected. 

Tapatalk can not log in with the current log in issue as it uses boards.cruisecric.com for log in. I have not found a work around.

35 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I use Safari to access CC on my mobile devices all the time. It’s really not a problem.  

Enjoy your cruise! 

Yes, the mobile browser works. However it is does not access the CC boards as well as Tapatalk did when log in worked. 

17 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Tapatalk can not log in with the current log in issue as it uses boards.cruisecric.com for log in. I have not found a work around.

I periodically get messages alerting me to replies about my postings from Tapatalk.

I am told I have been logged out, but can read the replies.

I cannot reply to them however.

i have tried changing my password, but cannot log in to C.C, but can on another cruise chat forum.

9 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I periodically get messages alerting me to replies about my postings from Tapatalk.

i have tried changing my password, but cannot log in to C.C, but can on another cruise chat forum.

As @Charles4515 said in post #47, the current login issues are proving troublesome to Tapatalk. For the time being use a web browser.

12 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Just curious but how many times does one need to say tapatalk is not supported anymore?  I know it still works at times but it is not supported.  This is about not being able to log onto CC boards period.