Bottled Water on Majestic Princess

johnkylie

We are booked on an Australian cruise in Feb 2020 on Majestic Princess.

Does anyone know if you can pay for a bottled water package.  The only packages I can find are the alcoholic ones.

We are going to buy a new grounds coffee package.

If you cant buy a package does anyone know how much bottled water is to buy?

thanks.

If I recall correctly from previous posts the water package is not available in Australia & the ship’s water supply is safe.  A ship career chief engineer has previously explained about why it’s as safe or even safer than tap water at home.

• Like 1

That's correct, there are no water packages on Australian-based cruises.

The ship's water may be safe but it's still chlorinated, so if that's an issue for you then you will need to buy bottled water or take a slab or two onboard with you. Just stick a luggage tag on it and hand it in with the rest of your luggage and it will be delivered to your cabin. There is plenty of space in the wardrobe on Majestic for slabs of water.

• Thanks 1

Slightly different question, but a little related - that I hope someone could answer.

We are embarking on Majestic NZ cruise on 15 December - currently 170 days from sailing.

The cruise personaliser is showing very few options for drinks packages (only the deluxe beverage deal), only one "internet" package (10 minute TELEPHONE CALLS - not actually internet!), nothing for spa treatments etc. 

It seems that (at a cursory glance) only shore excursions are listed / bookable.

When (or even if?!) will we start seeing more appear? It's been a good couple of years since our last Princess cruise - so totally cannot remember LOL

TIA!

23 minutes ago, toinoi said:

Slightly different question, but a little related - that I hope someone could answer.

We are embarking on Majestic NZ cruise on 15 December - currently 170 days from sailing.

The cruise personaliser is showing very few options for drinks packages (only the deluxe beverage deal), only one "internet" package (10 minute TELEPHONE CALLS - not actually internet!), nothing for spa treatments etc. 

It seems that (at a cursory glance) only shore excursions are listed / bookable.

When (or even if?!) will we start seeing more appear? It's been a good couple of years since our last Princess cruise - so totally cannot remember LOL

TIA!

We traveled on Majestic this past winter on a NZ cruise.  You can purchase water on board, but cheaper off ship.  The items such as internet are not in the Personalizer for pre-selling (to North America at least).   But don't worry - the internet is for sale on board with the usual embarkation day low rates. 

On 6/28/2019 at 9:09 AM, toinoi said:

TIA!

We did the Feb 12th 2019 Majestic from Sydney to Auckland.  We got the alcoholic package in a freebie promotion and got our bottled water covered that way. In a forum last year someone said that the ship water is salinated and that some guests had swollen feet because of it. We just liked to have the bottled water to take on excursions. Very handy. We found that our excursions appeared 9 months before our cruise. They had sent an email informing us that they were available. 

On 6/28/2019 at 7:09 AM, toinoi said:

TIA!

That is odd.........

The cruise is coming up pretty quick.

I have not seen things held back this late prior to a cruise.

I would think it all should show up pretty soon.

27 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

That is odd.........

The cruise is coming up pretty quick.

I have not seen things held back this late prior to a cruise.

I would think it all should show up pretty soon.

Aussie cruises are a whole different animal..  When we took ours there was practically nothing available preorder as far as drink packages and internet.  You could still order flowers and some spa stuff but other things were slim pickins.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

I rang princess in November 19 for my cruise on February 22, 2020 regarding the drinks packages as in the cruise personaliser the only package available for pre purchase was the deluxe package or whatever it was called (alcohol one).

They advised me that was the only one you could pre purchase.

I wanted the Premier coffee and soda package (combined)  and also the water package and new grounds coffee package for my husband. Princess said I would have to wait until on board to purchase any other drinks packages.  I have still been checking the cruise personaliser regularly and it still does not show, so maybe Princess are correct this time.  You get so many different answers to your queries when you call them.

Seems very strange you can not pre purchase like I have done on other cruises.  Less things to worry about and lining up to do when you first get on board.

2 minutes ago, travelaplenty said:

I rang princess in November 19 for my cruise on February 22, 2020 regarding the drinks packages as in the cruise personaliser the only package available for pre purchase was the deluxe package or whatever it was called (alcohol one).

They advised me that was the only one you could pre purchase.

I wanted the Premier coffee and soda package (combined)  and also the water package and new grounds coffee package for my husband. Princess said I would have to wait until on board to purchase any other drinks packages.  I have still been checking the cruise personaliser regularly and it still does not show, so maybe Princess are correct this time.  You get so many different answers to your queries when you call them.

Seems very strange you can not pre purchase like I have done on other cruises.  Less things to worry about and lining up to do when you first get on board.

It's really easy and quick to purchase any of the package once onboard.

There is a software bug that results in the Australian AUD online prices being incorrect ie well above the onboard price. Princess gets a lot of flak about this but instead of fixing the bug they just don't offer much online. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

We cruised Majestic Princess from Sydney in March 2019.

We had the same problem..unable to order bottled water. We were staying a few days pre cruise opposite OPT so walked down one day to ask the luggage handlers about taking a tray of water and putting a luggage tag on it. We were told it wasn't possible and that we would need to carry it aboard ourselves.

However, others have said it is possible to do this. But that was our experience.

We were able to buy a soda package once aboard without having to wait in a long queue.