Another dress code question!

So, completely understand the ban on fancy dress, hen party type clothes and football tops.  However am at that stage with a few weeks to go and counting clothes x how many days on board (the ladies will understand!) - are t shirts with band names frowned upon also? anyone know?

5 minutes ago, darknightsdespiser said:

So, completely understand the ban on fancy dress, hen party type clothes and football tops.  However am at that stage with a few weeks to go and counting clothes x how many days on board (the ladies will understand!) - are t shirts with band names frowned upon also? anyone know?

Anything will be frowned upon by a certain few....

During the day, almost anything goes, just not swimwear indoors.

If you are conscious about it, then you won't be out of place.

Smart t shirts are fine in my book.

Evenings the expectation is higher, but smart casual just means not looking like you have just crawled out of bed.

Most of us like to be smart but comfortable.

Gymwear in the MDR gets my back up, but the odd person still does it.

You will know what feels right for you, just don't stress and make sure you have a great time.

Andy

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Evenings the expectation is higher, but smart casual just means not looking like you have just crawled out of bed.

You will know what feels right for you, just don't stress and make sure you have a great time.

Andy

Thanks, just have a couple of nice tees that mention fave bands, just with shorts for daytime, maybe overthinking🤣

5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy

Smart tee shirts with Nike across the front ok ?,that what someone was wearing at the semi formal night,but next day when we was leaving the ship he had a smart shirt and trousers on.

9 minutes ago, darknightsdespiser said:

Thanks, just have a couple of nice tees that mention fave bands, just with shorts for daytime, maybe overthinking🤣

As long as you're not a Sex Pistols fan,no probs.

6 minutes ago, darknightsdespiser said:

Just a smidgen of overthinking :) During the day any normal t shirt is fine. You will be fine.

7 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Smart tee shirts with Nike across the front ok ?,that what someone was wearing at the semi formal night,but next day when we was leaving the ship he had a smart shirt and trousers on.

One guy on Aurora was trying to enter the mdr in muscle vest and what looked like ladies leggings straight from the gym.

He was asked to change and came back in a t shirt, still with the leggings on!! He was allowed to stay?

Andy

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:47 AM, darknightsdespiser said:

I should avoid French Connection  stuff with their logo on it.

Regards john

11 hours ago, john watson said:

Regards john

That should be ok,as long as anyone around is not dyslexic

15 hours ago, john watson said:

Regards john

What's wrong with the French Connection? Maybe not every body's cup of tea but much better than more recent offerings on a similar theme and with far less bad language. I though Gene Hackman played a very good part as Popeye Doyle.

1 hour ago, AchileLauro said:

What's wrong with the French Connection? Maybe not every body's cup of tea but much better than more recent offerings on a similar theme and with far less bad language. I though Gene Hackman played a very good part as Popeye Doyle.

I think P&O are trying to aim for a family friendly image and also attempting to get people to conform to standards which are above what a minority passengers seem to be thinking is acceptable.

Regards John

On 6/28/2019 at 11:25 AM, darknightsdespiser said:

Hi, I have just spoken to P & O regarding the slogan tee-shirt rule. I have a couple of tee-shirts with "I love Norway" etc, and asked if that was allowed, and was told  "No slogans of any description" . The gentleman i spoke to also said that he knew people "fluanted" the rule, but  to what extent the rule is enforced is up to the staff onboard, and not his problem!!  Just for your information!!

50 minutes ago, fastnloose said:

Hi, I have just spoken to P & O regarding the slogan tee-shirt rule. I have a couple of tee-shirts with "I love Norway" etc, and asked if that was allowed, and was told  "No slogans of any description" . The gentleman i spoke to also said that he knew people "fluanted" the rule, but  to what extent the rule is enforced is up to the staff onboard, and not his problem!!  Just for your information!!

Sorry that reply is so much garbage. That was never the rule. P&O set it out very clearly in writing. The agent you spoke to needs retraining at least. Better use sacking. He has not a clue. I have cruised at least 10 times since this came in and never seen any problem at all.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

Football shirts are not supposed to be permitted, yet recently on the Britannia sadly there were quite a few. A couple of other sports jerseys too, but replica football shirts were prevelent.

I believe that football shirts were only banned in the MDR, but perfectly alright otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daiB said:

Sorry that reply is so much garbage. That was never the rule. P&O set it out very clearly in writing. The agent you spoke to needs retraining at least. Better use sacking. He has not a clue. I have cruised at least 10 times since this came in and never seen any problem at all.

Thanks daiB, so do you think my teeshirts would be ok?  i  also have one which states  "I dont do mornings unless I am on a cruise" I would like to take them, but how do you think they might be received by the "slogan police".  I sometimes wonder where P & o recruit their agents.............

1 minute ago, fastnloose said:

Thanks daiB, so do you think my teeshirts would be ok?  i  also have one which states  "I dont do mornings unless I am on a cruise" I would like to take them, but how do you think they might be received by the "slogan police".  I sometimes wonder where P & o recruit their agents.............

Never come across slogan police.

The key word used by P&O was ‘offensive’. So unless someone finds offence in you being bone idle when not on a cruise then your OK.

😎