Royal princess largest Aft Suite balconies

Scubadoc

4 minutes ago, chamima said:

Princess holds certain cabins for partial segments and certain ones for longer segments.

A good TA can get you ANY available cabin for any sailing segment. (I know that for a fact because mine did it for me in a case exactly like this!)

Thanks, I will try later today with the TA...hopefully I can get this worked out.

We are booked on the Regal in November for an Eastern Caribbean 7 day cruise.  We have booked B735 the starboard aft corner suite on Baja Deck.  i have a couple of questions.  Is there a dining table in the suite that will set 4, 6 or 8 people?  We are traveling with 3 other couples.  Can we order lunch or dinner for service in the suite for all eight of us?  I doubt it but thought I would ask what other's experience has been. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2019 at 7:44 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

No not sure why that quote showed up. 

This is D 726.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they found the inside of D726 a bit cramped, is that how you felt?  I thought the insides of all these suites were the same square footage.

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they found the inside of D726 a bit cramped, is that how you felt?  I thought the insides of all these suites were the same square footage.

Yes when designed it had the cabin next door as part of the living room area. They decided to make the extra cabin next door and removed that space from the suite area. It is really a strange layout.

9 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes when designed it had the cabin next door as part of the living room area. They decided to make the extra cabin next door and removed that space from the suite area. It is really a strange layout.

Thanks, I wonder if the suite directly below on Emerald deck is the same design, do you know?

• 2 months later...

Can anyone comment on the level of motion at the aft of these cruise ships? Is it that much more noticeable than mid-ship for people who are more prone to seasickness?

Also, how is the air quality at the aft of the ship? I read some complaints about soot and poor air quality and raised some concerns.

We just booked Caribe C742 and C743 on the Royal Princess. Could anyone comment on if the center divider on the balcony can be opened to connect both balconies? 

Thank you!

On 8/28/2019 at 2:54 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

When I look at the picture of the aft rooms it shows the same number of staterooms on each floor so why would the aft suites on Dolphin be any different on the inside as any other one on the Royal/Regal?

On 6/30/2019 at 3:49 PM, rickandjanie said:

We are booked on the Regal in November for an Eastern Caribbean 7 day cruise.  We have booked B735 the starboard aft corner suite on Baja Deck.  i have a couple of questions.  Is there a dining table in the suite that will set 4, 6 or 8 people?  We are traveling with 3 other couples.  Can we order lunch or dinner for service in the suite for all eight of us?  I doubt it but thought I would ask what other's experience has been. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

No. 

You would need to dine on the balcony and the table there is for four.  

• 10 months later...

Thank you for the pics, colocruiser.  We just booked this cabin for Discovery Princess. 

Hoping for the best re soot issues.      We are used to soot on everything these days, anyway, living in the fire zone, unfortunately.   

Major soot + terrible room steward = No Balcony.

Balcony was unusable on the Royal to Mexican Riviera.

Not sure we'd ever book one again.  It may be better to book one of the Penthouse Suites outside the Concierge Lounge.

• 2 years later...

Ok sailed in B735 on the Enchanted in September and just got off the Royal D726.  So these two cabins are  the same as the ones in your question. Just on opposite sides of the deck. 

Baja deck cabins have a decent size balcony, but more interior space.  It is closer to the Suite lounge. (Deck 14)

D726 (opposite of the cabin in your question) has a very large balcony but the interior was a little cramped with too much furniture.  We moved some of the furniture to the bedroom which is also smaller.  Deck 9 is an easy 2 flights down to  deck 7.  

I would choose B734 for more in cabin space.   Both cabins are fabulous.  

• Like 1

Hopefully the video I took of B735 on the Royal will load and be viewable.  I stayed in this cabin this week and just got home yesterday.  

We hosted parties for 10-15 people on 3 different days.  The concierge lounge host, Carmen, was amazing and arranged for afternoon tea for two of those parties.  Lots of food, lots of room on the balcony.  The inside is only good for 4-5 people though.  There's a bit of a choke point at the tall closets where you walk in to the bedroom from the living room.  These loungers have a very nice tan colored pad that is not too hard.  They also lie completely flat so great for afternoon naps. The Sapphire, Diamond and Ruby full suites I've sailed in over the last 6 months have the hard, blue pads and I find them too hard to be comfortable.  We had zero soot issues.  

388D2AC9-A84A-45FE-B5D2-887244AB2A1E.jpeg

31A1AED1-183F-4B12-B871-AC6A0D2BD792.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1