1 Day/Night Biscayne Bay

Denversail

We are staying at the Double tree in Biscayne Bay in a few weeks for one night in between cruises. Booked the hotel awhile ago so hoping I had good reason. I haven’t had the dest experiences with Double Trees. Anyways.. looking for suggestions of things to do for the day. We will have a long day there since I’m sure we will get off the ship early. Would love to hear about any wonderful food choices in that area for dinner. We are a party of six. Thanks

There are a lot of great restaurants downtown Miami.  I like Batch, American Social, Trulucks, River Oyster, Garcias, Casablanca and a few others.  What are you all in the mood for?

You aren't far from Little Havana and you could always eat at Versailles which is the most famous Cuban restaurant in Miami and also very good.  Ball & Chain, which my good friend is the GM is an awesome place to go hang out and dance and listen to live bands.

On the other side, I love spending a day at Vizcaya and eating a late lunch at The Rusty Pelican.

It really depends on what you are looking for.

On Sundays, I love have a bottomless brunch in Wynwood then looking at all the art.

Do you guys have any preferences?  Bayside has a few good restaurants and is a fun place to sit outside and have drinks.

Your options are endless for dinner. Do you want Seafood? Something casual? Latin American food? 

At the very least have some Cuban for lunch at least. 

Downtown and Brickell has plenty to see and do, Bayside is a popular spot to spend some time, maybe get on a boat tour. There is Lincoln Road and South Beach not that long of a drive away, Wynwood for art and more foodie type places. Museum Park has the science museum and modern art museum. 

What are you looking to do? 

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2019 at 11:18 AM, BlueHerons said:

There are a lot of great restaurants downtown Miami.  I like Batch, American Social, Trulucks, River Oyster, Garcias, Casablanca and a few others.  What are you all in the mood for?

You aren't far from Little Havana and you could always eat at Versailles which is the most famous Cuban restaurant in Miami and also very good.  Ball & Chain, which my good friend is the GM is an awesome place to go hang out and dance and listen to live bands.

On the other side, I love spending a day at Vizcaya and eating a late lunch at The Rusty Pelican.

It really depends on what you are looking for.

On Sundays, I love have a bottomless brunch in Wynwood then looking at all the art.

Do you guys have any preferences?  Bayside has a few good restaurants and is a fun place to sit outside and have drinks.

We will be in Miami on turn around day on a Sunday and hope to go to wynwood.

Where do you recommend for bottomless brunch before we view the walls?

Thanks.