GRAND MARNIER SOUFFLE

spotte

1 hour ago, Frank12 said:

It depends.  I've been on 5 nighters where it was offered and others where it was not.  My last one had bitter n blanc, but not the GMS. 

I've seen recent pictures of bitter and blanc and it looks like they've changed the sauce. Say it ain't so!

16 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I've seen recent pictures of bitter and blanc and it looks like they've changed the sauce. Say it ain't so!

I had read that they added pecans to it.  I prefer mine female, not male.

• Haha 3

While I realize WCMC has its own dedicated fan club, I feel the souffle is often overlooked and underappreciated.

I agree completely with Butterbean 1000:  Grand Marnier souffle is the best dessert anywhere and it does make me want to throw rocks at the sickly chocolate cake (said one who is a confessed "isn't chocolate one of the standard food groups?" kind of people).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jordanaire said:

OMG...the Grand Marnier Souffle is the BEST dessert on the high seas! Love having 2-3 every time they serve it.

You are correct on all counts!  Last cruise I had 2 and didn't feel a bit guilty about it!

26 minutes ago, DramaQueen22 said:

You are correct on all counts!  Last cruise I had 2 and didn't feel a bit guilty about it!

When they have this fabulous dessert, I usually skip the appetizers and salad in order to save room.

On 6/29/2019 at 5:42 PM, spotte said:

Does anyone know if they have the Grand Marnier Souffle available on a 5 day cruise?  It is one of my favorite desserts and I have only cruised longer sailings. 

The maitre’d will have the MDR menus for the entire cruise when you board (they are also pre-loaded on the Hub App)

if if you do not see it, you can always make a special request for the dessert - the kitchen may accommodate (especially if you tie the request to an event like an anniversary or birthday)

Good luck!

On 6/30/2019 at 5:35 AM, Butterbean1000 said:

Yes, it is so. The sauce has changed. What once was a vanilla sauce (the blanc in Bitter and Blanc) is now more caramel flavored. Which is unfortunate as I am not a caramel fan...

Bob

23 hours ago, spotte said:

Thanks everyone for the replies.  Sounds like it could be hit or miss.  Maybe if it's not on the menu I could convince the chef to make some for me one night? 😉

You might want to mention to your waiter the first night that it's your favorite dessert.  That would give him or her a few days to make it appear.  😉