Shore excursions, how do you check price changes?

Booked on Vision in September. Already booked shore excursion  through RCI. When I go to check for current prices, the excursions we are booked on do not show up,hence I can't check price!  What do I need to do? Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Don’t select shore excursions from the large tab in the centre of the page, instead select it from the 3 bars  in the upper left or the very top menu.  From there select the individual port you want and it will show up.  

But not with the price on the OP's cruise.

Learned of this trick as we have the same problem with booked excursions.  Go to Order History.  From there, select the excursion heading that you want to check.  It will bring up the excursion details with the current price.

I experienced the same issue today.  I tried to check to see if there was a price drop for the excursions I booked and paid for on my Brilliance 2020 cruise.  NONE of the excursions I have booked appeared thus I could not check prices.  Maybe they have been reading CC and saw the posts/threads about book/cancel/rebook and blocked the excursions you had already paid for.  The ones I am still trying to decide on were listed.

About 1/3 of the time our booked excursions show up in the normal Cruise Planner listing with a "you booked this on ..." note in them.  The rest of the time I check from the Order History at the top of the Planner page.  Each purchase is listed and you can see the price you paid by clicking on Details.  But if you click on the excursion name itself it opens the current booking page for that excursion with current price.  Most of the time I have to cancel the booking to get a lower price.  Sometimes it will let me use the "Modify" link and just refunds the difference (one refund for each person on the booking).  For us, refunds take about 5 days but the new booking processes immediately.

5 minutes ago, LeeW said:

...  Sometimes it will let me use the "Modify" link and just refunds the difference (one refund for each person on the booking).   ...

This is the first time I've ever seen a report where Royal's Cruise Planner was able to refund the difference, rather than having to cancel and rebook.

On 7/1/2019 at 10:11 AM, Host Clarea said:

This is the first time I've ever seen a report where Royal's Cruise Planner was able to refund the difference, rather than having to cancel and rebook.

Most of the time web site comments that it will refund difference to original purchase method but then hangs when I try to complete the purchase.  Maybe one out of ten actually work.  Can be a bit scary to cancel before booking when you are not sure the excursion is going to show up after the cancel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leight said:

When we book an excursion it has to be paid upfront right? It's not added to the bill at the end of the cruise? 

Correct, paid at the time of booking, either by credit card or OBC.

All our booked excursions show up in the normal Cruise Planner listing with a "you purchased this item on ..." note in them. 

11 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Correct, paid at the time of booking, either by credit card or OBC.

Hmm... that's raised a question in my head so I'm just thinking out loud...

Paid with OBC (non refundable) but price drops, so I want to cancel to rebook the lower price. I would expect the refund is reinstated as OBC otherwise its a loophole to get the OBC as cash.

15 minutes ago, icsys said:

All our booked excursions show up in the normal Cruise Planner listing with a "you purchased this item on ..." note in them. 

Hmm... that's raised a question in my head so I'm just thinking out loud...

Paid with OBC (non refundable) but price drops, so I want to cancel to rebook the lower price. I would expect the refund is reinstated as OBC otherwise its a loophole to get the OBC as cash.

The OBC is added back to your account immediately upon cancelling.

• 7 months later...

Just did this with multiple excursions.  One weird thing was that we had booked a person in another cabin on our excursion and then added their roommate later.  Because it was 2 different bookings I had to cancel the original 3 then rebook.  When I tried to cancel the 4th person's booking I had to also cancel our friend because they were on the same cabin reservation.  So ended up paying out lots and having to wait 30 days for multiple refunds.  Clarea is correct though, the OBC showed up instantly and I was able to use it to pay for part of the excursions as I had done originally.

Lots of work for $11.01 each...

The 2nd week we saved $9.01 each

In the end it was $62.06 which isn't a lot but that covered part of dinner at Jamie's