How quickly can we embark and then leave again in Rio?

clo

This wouldn't have to be specific to Rio btw.

We embark on a Saturday and have concierge priority boarding which, I believe is noon.  We've spent a lot of time in Rio and would like to go to our fave Saturday place for lunch.  How quickly can we get on and then off again?  We don't need to have our luggage delivered to our cabin.  We might take a peak at our cabin.  Or not.  Advice please and thanks.

PS:  We'll be on the Marina if that matters.

Edited by clo

1 minute ago, sitraveler said:

you can get right off again.   If you miss the lifeboat drill, a make-up  will be arranged.

Thank you SO much!  Must have our Saturday feijoada 🙂  And caipirinhas of course.

1 hour ago, sitraveler said:

also, what is your rush to board, just enjoy Rio until you have to get on..  Does the ship overnight there?

Yes, but we can't leave our luggage at our hotel and don't want to schlepp it all around.  We'll also leave the ship on Sunday to do more things.  And we'll arrive a couple of days early to do more 🙂  Hmm, is there any storage at the cruise terminal perhaps?

3 minutes ago, babysteps said:

@clo have you considered a luggage shipping service? You could have the bulk of your luggage go direct to ship, and just bring a few days' wardrobe with you. 

Not a bad idea at all and thanks.  I'd kinda forgotten that our hotel pre-cruise isn't a long way from where we'll have lunch so I'm going to contact them and see if we can leave bags there.  And then cab it to the cruise terminal which looks like it's somewhat centrally located.  And your suggestion is going to get filed away for future reference 🙂

Clo;

You asked several unrelated questions.

1. If you have a Concierge Cabin and can Board at 12:00, your cabin will not be available for entry or use until around 1:30. So you will have to wait until then to drop your hand carry items off in your cabin.

2.  Not all ports have the same procedures. In Sydney at White ? Harbor, for example, once we boarded we couldn’t leave the ship. You do need specific information for each port.

3. You can drop everything except hand carry bags at the ship starting around 9:00. They will be outside the cabin door when your cabin is ready.

4.  Our hotels, with a tip, have always allowed us to leave all our luggage and carry ons at the hotel in a secured area. Then, when we are ready, we retrieve it and off to the ship. We rarely board before 3:00. 

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Enjoy your cruise.

Great info.  And when I write out these things it frequently clarifies it for me. Regarding #2 I've been told that's not an issue. But I will absolutely check that out.  Since we're there for two days it's gotta me okay but I'll check.  I appreciate your comments/advice.