Drink Package Regal Princess

chippye

I just booked a seven day cruise on the Regal Princess starting 1/19/20.  It came with the drink package which we have never had before, we just can’t drink that much to justify the cost.  This will be our 12th Princess cruise.  We usually bring our own wine for dinner and have no problem paying the corkage fee.  My question is if I don’t bring wine is there a good selection in the dining room and Crown Grill that is not just house wine.  Also is it reasonable to expect the server to refill our glasses once or twice.  We are late seating for dinner and the past few years that dining room has been less than half full.

5 minutes ago, chippye said:

I just booked a seven day cruise on the Regal Princess starting 1/19/20.  It came with the drink package which we have never had before, we just can’t drink that much to justify the cost.  This will be our 12th Princess cruise.  We usually bring our own wine for dinner and have no problem paying the corkage fee.  My question is if I don’t bring wine is there a good selection in the dining room and Crown Grill that is not just house wine.  Also is it reasonable to expect the server to refill our glasses once or twice.  We are late seating for dinner and the past few years that dining room has been less than half full.

Yes, there is a reasonable selection in the MDR and the Crown Grill.  Also a nice selection in the Vines.  If you want to try a more expensive wine by the glass (if you do not like the selection for $12 or less), you can pay the difference in the per glass charge.  I paid $4 over (plus gratuities) for a Silverado Cab one night.  

1 hour ago, skynight said:

My suggestion is to wait a while. A better promo may appear that fits your requirements better than the Sip&Sail. If that happens change your booking and bring your own wine.

Agreed. Many people who are booked under the Sip and Sail but don't really drink much or who prefer wine over spirits seem to later change to the 3 for Free promo as they find it to be a better value for their lifestyle. They find the free gratuities and OBC to be a better fit.

• Like 1