Man over board ?

rattanchair

5 minutes ago, rattanchair said:

Does any one have any info about a man overboard on Carnival Victory July 4 2019? Any CC posters on this  ship?

Haven't seen any new notifications yet, and when I looked up 'man overboard on Carnival Victory', I see results from December of 2018.

3 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

With all due respect, shouldn’t you ask your friend for info if they are on board, rather than people here who aren’t on the ship?

Asked this question to any CC posters on board.

• Like 1

Just now, rattanchair said:

No. Crew member lost, good Samaritan recovered.

Okay, so the good samaritan (the navy officer)  was recovered, but then what happened to the passenger of whom the navy officer was trying to recover?

Just now, jbethel11 said:

Okay, so the good samaritan (the navy officer)  was recovered, but then what happened to the passenger of whom the navy officer was trying to recover?

Still looking. Though it appears that missing person is a crew member and not a passenger. Rumors abound.

Just now, rattanchair said:

Still looking. Though it appears that missing person is a crew member and not a passenger. Rumors abound.

I'm going to wait for the actual news report. Too many misinformation and rumors for me!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

I'm going to wait for the actual news report. Too many misinformation and rumors for me!

I am just reporting what is being reported to passengers on board by text.  No one on these boards has any friends on board they could text to confirm?

13 hours ago, rattanchair said:

Update: Not a crew member. Passenger overboard and another passenger with naval experience jumped in after in an attempt to save life. Ship recovered good Samaritan. Maritime law prohibits ship from leaving area. Ship will be late in arriving home.

This is where the whole story goes south.  Anyone with "naval experience" knows enough to not jump from the height of a cruise ship's decks into the ocean to attempt a "rescue" of someone overboard.  You simply multiply the number of persons needing to be rescued, and risk serious injury or death.

• Like 8

On this ship right now.  At about 1:49pm yesterday we started hearing reports of man overboard. Victory shot out a flare and we turned around to go search for him.  We stayed in the approximate area for close to four hours looking for him until the coast guard and Carnival reps released our ship.  Crew members told my husband that it was a maintenance worker working on the back of the ship when his harness let loose and he fell in.

FFCAF354-7EEE-44D6-9A9C-EDA15E7CBE9C.jpeg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Does anyone know if Carnival (or any cruise line) would even come right out and tell passengers about it if a crew member jumped intentionally?

Yes, we have had it happen.  We were on the Magic out of Galveston a few years back and on the last night on our way back to Galveston, a crew member jumped overboard about 11PM.  There was a call over the entire PA system (even into the cabins) announcing what happened and the side of the ship.  The ship slowed and feared hard starboard (not hard enough to cause injury) and the small craft was dispatched.  The found and rescued the employee.  John Heald was on this cruise and came over to inform the ship of what happened.  The poor lad was drunk and distraught over a breakup with his curl friend on board.  John informed the ship the Coast Guard had been informed, and had released the Magic it could resume its path to Galveston.  

The next morning we saw the jumper being wheeled off before anyone else in a gurney to an ambulance.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Yes, we have had it happen.  We were on the Magic out of Galveston a few years back and on the last night on our way back to Galveston, a crew member jumped overboard about 11PM.  There was a call over the entire PA system (even into the cabins) announcing what happened and the side of the ship.  The ship slowed and feared hard starboard (not hard enough to cause injury) and the small craft was dispatched.  The found and rescued the employee.  John Heald was on this cruise and came over to inform the ship of what happened.  The poor lad was drunk and distraught over a breakup with his curl friend on board.  John informed the ship the Coast Guard had been informed, and had released the Magic it could resume its path to Galveston.  

The next morning we saw the jumper being wheeled off before anyone else in a gurney to an ambulance.

Very surprised that the corporate shill would divulge this kind of details of a person's life.  Typically, corporate legal takes over all media communications, and things like this would not be divulged until an investigation was completed, it then.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1