Looking for other cruisers who keep kosher to sail with NCL

427Chevy

Dear Fellow Kosher Cruisers,

I understand that NCL will provide a certified kosher kitchen with FRESH (not frozen) kosher food on any cruise with at least 60 Shomrei Kashrut cruisers at no extra cost.

Is anyone interested in joining my husband and me in exploring this option?  Thank you in advance.  Zehava516@hotmail.com.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/5/2019 at 7:26 PM, 427Chevy said:

Dear Fellow Kosher Cruisers,

I understand that NCL will provide a certified kosher kitchen with FRESH (not frozen) kosher food on any cruise with at least 60 Shomrei Kashrut cruisers at no extra cost.

Is anyone interested in joining my husband and me in exploring this option?  Thank you in advance.  Zehava516@hotmail.com.  

This whole policy seems to have gone down the drain, at least as far as groups (of 60+ people) are concerned.  Please make your own inquiries and report to the rest of us accordingly.  My whole cruise plan is based on this marvelous plan announced broadly in July, 2019.

while i dont keep kosher, on a cruise we were on a few years ago, i noticed that there was pork fried rice, pork salami, etc.  i dont eat pork, and i asked to speak to the person in charge of the food. i pointed out to him, that many people dont eat pork, and instead of pork this or pork that , why not give people a choice. it would not have been an issue to offer veggie fried rice, or beef salami. when we got home i tried to contact the appropriate people at ncl to no avail. while i appreciate your dilemma, i think  you have 2 problems (1) with so many people on board, i believe it would be difficult to isolate a kitchen area specifically designated for kosher food, utensils, place for meat and dairy products (2) you would need agreement with a number of other Jewish people on the cruise you wish to take. 

however i applaud your intent and wish you the best of luck 

Under most circumstances, if a cruiser requires Kosher meals, they are usually frozen, TV Dinner like and heated onboard, served with sealed plastic cutlery and the container itself is sealed.

It's only on rare occasion that a group has a charter that will include Koshering a galley, and bringing EVERYTHING they need on board.