Saint John, New Brunswick- RC cruise tour or Dave's Taxi for tour?

dizgal64

There are 4 of us, all adults, and the price difference between the two is about $5 pp (maybe a little more if the tax isn't included on rC) with Dave's being the cheapest. 

Pros I see are: Dave's would just be the four of us in a minivan, more personalized, maybe quicker? and a little cheaper

Pros for RC: no worries about being late to the ship, there are 3 ships in port that day and I read it can get crazy. Also, at the restaurant that I think

both stop at, they give preference to the cruise ship tours so that could be an advantage.

Anyone do one or both of these before? I'm leaning toward Dave's but wanted to ask you experts before I book. I want to book today or tomorrow. Thank you all.

also, Dave's is asking me which cruise terminal at the port. How do I find out the name of it?

Edited by Host Carolyn
OP request

Your pro's should give you no concern....Dave's will have you back in plenty of time...their not a highly recommended company that will screw this up....their reputation depends on it.

We have done Dave's with a small group from our roll call...it was an amazing tour...More than likely you'll eat at the restaurant out by the Sea Caves...quick easy service and great food.....they seemed to know our driver from Dave's well and quickly directed us to the counter to order our food and to a table where it would be served to us.

We saw at times the huge cruise tour bus....avoid using them !!

Not sure the cruiseline you're using but we (RCI Adventure) docked at the one nearest in town across and near by the city market...A 10 min walk. 

47 minutes ago, maryann ns said:

Are you talking about Saint John, New Brunswick or St. John's, Newfoundland?

@dizgal64 You might want to flag your initial post and ask the moderator's to correct the title. I think you mean Saint John New Brunswick, but I'm not certain.

2 hours ago, maryann ns said:

Are you talking about Saint John, New Brunswick or St. John's, Newfoundland?

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

@dizgal64 You might want to flag your initial post and ask the moderator's to correct the title. I think you mean Saint John New Brunswick, but I'm not certain.

Sorry all. I thought I was on the Canada/New England board. Am I in the wrong place? Yes, I am talking about New Brunswick

1 hour ago, dizgal64 said:

Sorry all. I thought I was on the Canada/New England board. Am I in the wrong place? Yes, I am talking about New Brunswick

You were in the right place. Both Saint John (New Brunswick) and St John’s (Newfoundland) belong in this forum. We are asking you to name your topic correctly so as not to confuse others. Both cities are cruise ports. 

• 1 month later...