Veranda vs Consierge on Summit

HardyVA

We always book veranda staterooms, but for the cruises were interested in, verandas are not available but some consierge on deck 7 are.  Besides the prices being more, what can you tell me about Consierge staterooms?  

The Concierge SR is a bit larger on M-class ships such as Summit. You get some amenities such as a bottle of sparkling wine, daily snacks, special pillows, a heavier robe and a Concierge you can contact for assistance. 

Ive gone CC a couple of times when our daughter joined us and wanted a bit more room.  The pluses I enjoyed were the embarkation lunch in the MDR so there’s no crowd, and the enhanced breakfast menu. 

Den

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lithcacruiser said:

you also get a "sailaway" on the helipad at one of the ports of call.

DSC02920.JPG

The spillway is not a written CC perk, it is given as a courtesy and is hit and miss.  Sometime you may get it, sometimes not. 

22 hours ago, mom says said:

Plus, you earn more CC points per night compared to a regular verandah- gets you to Elite status faster.

Hi is it any beneift if my DH registers for CC as well as me? Will we both recieve points or are they earned per stateroom. Never bothered before but now sailing concierge and don't want to miss out on the extra points.

29 minutes ago, madmedic said:

Hi is it any beneift if my DH registers for CC as well as me? Will we both recieve points or are they earned per stateroom. Never bothered before but now sailing concierge and don't want to miss out on the extra points.

You each have your own account with Captains Club.  So, if you are staying together in a concierge class stateroom, for example, each of you will receive 5 points/night sailed.

4 hours ago, dkjretired said:

The spillway is not a written CC perk, it is given as a courtesy and is hit and miss.  Sometime you may get it, sometimes not. 

This is true. We got it the only time we went CC and then got it the very next day due to being Elite. 

Last cruise we didn't due to the weather. I believe suite guests take priority though if it's only possible on certain days etc. 

we are debating moving to concierge class on Eclipse.  Are the rooms there larger than regular veranda rooms?  we have a veranda room with an expanded balcony, but for a 16 day trip, that might be worth it to get a regular balcony and a little larger stateroom.

thanks for any other tips on what concierge includes.  We have never been on Celebrity and are looking forward to this trip so much 

The cabins on Eclipse are the same size. Concierge cabins are larger on M class ships like Summit. Keep the bigger balcony.

We usually book Concierge cabins for location, but just reserved a 1A veranda cabin on the slant with bigger balcony on Silhouette for next year. The concierge benefits really aren't worth much, except on M class ships where they are larger cabins.

Edited by rdt10
  • Like 1

thanks rdt10 - we are first time Celebrity cruisers so still debating whether the other "perks" are worth it since we have no perks purchased, no captain's club status or anything.

But good toknow larger cabin is not in the mix.

22 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

You each have your own account with Captains Club.  So, if you are staying together in a concierge class stateroom, for example, each of you will receive 5 points/night sailed.

Thanks Happy Cruiser definitely need to DH to register for CC.

On 7/7/2019 at 8:21 AM, dkjretired said:

My first cruise in 2018 was in a Concierge room and my stepmom and I were never notified about this. Bummer!

On 7/8/2019 at 11:29 AM, madmedic said:

Thanks Happy Cruiser definitely need to DH to register for CC.

A couple of questions.  I stayed CC last week on the Summit.  No mention was ever made about points.  Can I collect the points after-the-fact?   2nd question, darn if I can figure it out but what does DH stand for?

10 hours ago, CuddleBugg said:

A couple of questions.  I stayed CC last week on the Summit.  No mention was ever made about points.  Can I collect the points after-the-fact?   2nd question, darn if I can figure it out but what does DH stand for?

They don't mention them to you.  Do you have a Captains Club account?  They show up in there after your cruise.  If you don't have one, you have no way of collecting points.

DH stands for, among other things, dear husband.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:30 PM, CuddleBugg said:

If the correct points do not show up in your Captain's Club account, you can call and have this corrected.