Mailing the Ocean Medallion to Canada

canusa

We are going on our first cruise with Ocean Medallion in October. Since we live in Canada are we able to have the medallion mailed to us or do we need to pick it up at the pier? Thanks

I live in Australia and just completed the Ocean Ready App yesterday. When I got to the mailing page it noted that there were two countries that the Medallions are mailed too - the US and (I think) Puerto Rico. It stated if you didn't reside in those Countries then they would be ready at the pier.

Princess OM staff at HQ told me back in the late winter/early spring that it would be quite soon for Canada.  I had called to ask since they come from overseas, just as easy to mail here.  Got some bla-bla about making sure good in USA first before rolling out.  Of course Canada is treated/handled like USA for marketing, booking, etc, but still no word on this.  I don't understand why they are waiting so long to incorporate Canada.  Of course, no one gives a date and I may have just got a pat on the head with the "promise" it was coming soon.  It didn't really hold up the check-in process much in Copenhagen.  IDK what difference it makes at PE Terminal 2 in Florida.  

16 hours ago, leck57 said:

I live in Australia and just completed the Ocean Ready App yesterday. When I got to the mailing page it noted that there were two countries that the Medallions are mailed too - the US and (I think) Puerto Rico. It stated if you didn't reside in those Countries then they would be ready at the pier.

Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States and therefore all their residents are US citizens.  

At this point, since we won't get the medallion shipped to us pre-cruise, considering that I won't bother downloading the Ocean Ready app.   Not thrilled with the idea of scanning my passport and having that information on my phone.  Have looked at the function of the app and not seeing anything that would be used by us.  Might mean that check in is slightly longer but can deal with that.   Could change my mind of course but I want the upcoming cruise to be as stress free as possible and just see a lot of hassle setting everything up on an app.   Maybe I am being shortsighted but all comments on the Ocean Ready seem to be from Americans.   Would like to see experience from Canadians or cruisers from other countries.

4 hours ago, Northern Light said:

At this point, since we won't get the medallion shipped to us pre-cruise, considering that I won't bother downloading the Ocean Ready app.   Not thrilled with the idea of scanning my passport and having that information on my phone.  Have looked at the function of the app and not seeing anything that would be used by us.  Might mean that check in is slightly longer but can deal with that.   Could change my mind of course but I want the upcoming cruise to be as stress free as possible and just see a lot of hassle setting everything up on an app.   Maybe I am being shortsighted but all comments on the Ocean Ready seem to be from Americans.   Would like to see experience from Canadians or cruisers from other countries.

I am in Canada and cruising in August. When I filled everything out on the app, the shipping page showed mailing only to US and Puerto Rico. They do not mail to Canada. I have to collect it at the port.

Thanks for being considerate in posting the link.   I am aware that there are stickies above for both Ocean Ready and Ocean Medallion and have looked thru most of the posts and was advised to download all the apps.   There is an excellent video that has been posted which I found helpful because it made me realize that most of the apps we wouldn't make use of hence my feeling so maybe it simply makes sense to wait til we get to the port.  I responded to the OP here because of the Canadian connection.   

• Like 1

Funny, my mom and I were on the Regal this past February and while it had Medallion Class we knew we wouldn't get our Medallions in the mail because at that point no one was.

I downloaded Ocean Ready and my mom and I got it all set up in my apartment before we left. No different than setting it all up in the Cruise Personalizer in my opinion. In fact, taking our security photos and choosing our avatars (ie: the images that would represent us on the interactive maps) was a bit fun and a little bit like starting the vacation before we even left.

When we got to the pier we breezed through! My mom insisted on bringing our printed boarding passes etc. but I don't even think they looked at them. We went through an express line past all the people with paper boarding passes and met a guy who went to get our medallions and that was it. 

He probably looked at our passports to make sure that they were the same as the security photos we loaded ourselves into the Ocean Ready app, but that was probably it. We were shocked. Actually. Come to think of it, I'm not sure that he even did that. My mom went to the bathroom by the desk right after he greeted us and left for the medallions and by the time she got back I had them and we were ready to board. lol

I did enjoy the basic features that were available on our cruise. Did use the app to find my mom on a few days when we were doing our own things. Booked dinner, planned our schedule... What I'm most looking forward to is when they finally get the drinks and food delivery working! I'm terrible at getting bartenders' attention and I welcome the opportunity to order a drink without getting up from my seat and risking losing it.

Anyway, it's a personal preference... we are cruising on the Crown next February and I'm already itching to get all set up!