Cruise To Australia/New Zealand From North America

Harley52

5 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

“Disagree”?

When a Regent world cruise sails west from San Francisco towards Australia, it is  “transPecific” cruise. - that segment can be booked as such. It has nothing to do with an “end of the Alaska season repositions”.

Yes, some of the world cruises offer US to Australia sectors. Crystal does too. And sometimes there is a Circle Pacific from Australia that offers US to Aus segments. 

10 hours ago, evandbob said:

I'm guessing that most cruises from No Amer to NZ and Aus are world cruises that just make a port or two in those countries before they continue on to Asia.  Lots of sea days along the way for sure.

This may be the case from East Coast ports, but from West Coast ports they are repositioning cruises transitioning from Alaska cruises to NZ/Aus cruises.

Some cruises leaving Canada this year:

31 days    Sep 21     Vancouver  to   Sydney     Ruby Princess
29 days    Sep 25     Vancouver,  to  Sydney    Golden Princess
26  days   Oct 13     Vancouver  to   Sydney     Noordam
40 days    Oct 13     Vancouver to  Auckland    Noordam

15 minutes ago, babs135 said:

Slightly tedious, but check on cruisetimetables.com to see which cruise lines  do what you want and when and then 'hop over' to the relevant forum here and ask your questions.

Thanks babs135 for the advice and valued information.  Have you cruised to Australia and New Zealand.  

I'm from the UK and although I've been very fortunate to have done 2 land tours of Australia and 2 cruises, one of which went to New Zealand, we have always had to fly there and back.  Horrendously long flights but we've usually included stopovers both ways.

Hope you find what you are looking for.  Australia is something special.

17 minutes ago, babs135 said:

I'm from the UK and although I've been very fortunate to have done 2 land tours of Australia and 2 cruises, one of which went to New Zealand, we have always had to fly there and back.  Horrendously long flights but we've usually included stopovers both ways.

Hope you find what you are looking for.  Australia is something special.

Thank you again.

3 hours ago, Harley52 said:

Thanks babs135 for the advice and valued information.  Have you cruised to Australia and New Zealand.  

I've completed multiple trans-Pacifics and Aus/NZ voyages, on both cruise ships & cargo ships. Do you have any specific questions?

3 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

I've completed multiple trans-Pacifics and Aus/NZ voyages, on both cruise ships & cargo ships. Do you have any specific questions?

What is your preferred trans-Pacific voyage from Canada to Aus/NZ whether cruise or cargo ships....Thank you

3 minutes ago, Harley52 said:

What is your preferred trans-Pacific voyage from Canada to Aus/NZ whether cruise or cargo ships....Thank you

Having spent way more time in the South Pacific than Asia, my preference would be a north crossing followed by a trip down the Asia coast and the Aus East Coast.

Just now, Heidi13 said:

Having spent way more time in the South Pacific than Asia, my preference would be a north crossing followed by a trip down the Asia coast and the Aus East Coast.

What is your preferred ship/cruise line from Canada to Australia/NZ

22 hours ago, Harley52 said:

What is your preferred ship/cruise line from Canada to Australia/NZ

Spent almost 40 yrs working for & cruising with P&O/Princess, but our 2015 World Cruise was the last. Currently we use Viking Ocean, which have a ship in Alaska for the first time this year. The Viking Orion does the N'bd return across the Bering Sea.

If you want to visit OZ/NZ on a cruise, you really ought to fly down here, maybe to Sydney or Auckland, and get a local cruise.

Our ones are generally longer than 1 week - most are 8-10 days maybe more since we get more vacation time.

Great way to see the Pacific islands too! I'm talking Vanuatu, Fiji, New Caledonia, Tonga.