Disney Wonder - remove balcony dividers?

surgie

I would call DCL to ask them.  I know that when I made my reservation I asked that the balcony dividers be removable and they told me they were for the verandah on the right side but not the left side.  On the Fantasy we did have verandahs that adjoined and we were able to remove the dividers.  It just depends on the rooms.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, surgie said:

I have booked cabins 8040 and 8042 which are next to each other but not connecting. Can the balcony dividers be removed?

Well, first, verandah dividers are not removable.  They can be opened.  Well, some of them can be opened.  The wall that separates the verandahs may, or may not, have a hinged partition on the forward part.  

Disney Wonder room 6120

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Well, first, verandah dividers are not removable.  They can be opened.  Well, some of them can be opened.  The wall that separates the verandahs may, or may not, have a hinged partition on the forward part.  

Disney Wonder room 6120

Thanks for the picture. Yes, I meant to say opened - we had a similar set-up on a RCCL cruise. I guess I'll have to call to see if these two cabins have the hinged partition. But can I trust the answer I receive? I haven't had good luck with accurate or consistent information from CMs related to WDW questions. Maybe the cruise line is better in this area. 

42 minutes ago, surgie said:

Thanks for the picture. Yes, I meant to say opened - we had a similar set-up on a RCCL cruise. I guess I'll have to call to see if these two cabins have the hinged partition. But can I trust the answer I receive? I haven't had good luck with accurate or consistent information from CMs related to WDW questions. Maybe the cruise line is better in this area. 

You may or may not be able to trust the answer.  The CMs that answer the phones, often, have not even been on any of the ships.  And the information as to which verandahs connect is fairly new (the Wonder & Magic only had a few connecting verandahs originally, but were updated to make more connected ones).

Don't EVER believe what the CMs on the phone say.  As above, many of them have never even been to the port to set foot on one of the ships (this really surprised me when one told me!)  All they can do is to access their computer and tell you what their computer says....and they may not appreciate the differences among the various ships, the updates since dry docks, etc.  Some of their answers are correct, especially on the common questions.  We used to joke that if we didn't get the answer we wanted, we could hang up and re-dial; a different CM would give a different answer!  They are good people and they are trying, but their information is limited!

Funny story along this line ... read to the end, it gets good . . .

WAY BACK in the first years of DCL we booked our 3rd cruise with them.  We were 4, two adults and two kids.  When we got our documents and checked the deck plans in the advertisement book it said our assigned room was for 3! (didn't choose a room back then)

So I call DCL and ask .... and the phone person tells me: “all the rooms will sleep 4, but if we put that in the book, we don’t have enough life boats

Hmmmmmmmm ..... interesting statement especially as it was made to a senior officer in the US Coast Guard ... the folks that enforce such things!!!!

I had a pretty good idea that what she meant was they can only fill SOME of the cabins with 4 versus 3 before they exceed their legal lifeboat capacity and this is how they try to reflect in the “book” but it struck me pretty funny and YES our assigned room had the drop down bed for the 4th person..

BUT WAIT ... THERE’S MORE

so we get on the cruise and we get invited to the bridge for the departure from Castaway (DD got to push the button to sound the horn as we departed).  As we mingled I get talking to a guy and mention, “I know what cheap trick I pulled for an invite as a Coast Guard Officer, what about you?”

He says he’s a VP with the cruise line with a group of new telephone service reps for orientation ...... and I relate MY story ....... “all the rooms will sleep 4, but if we put that in the book, we don’t have enough life boats

He got a rather sick look on his face until I laughed and he said I think I’m scheduling another training session . . .

AimeHorn.jpg

{very pre-9.11 ........... bridge invites are much fewer now}

THEN ...... NOW ...... intern at CocoView resort Roatan

P7036500.JPG

Edited by Capt_BJ

On 7/8/2019 at 9:52 PM, surgie said:

Let me ask you this.  Will the answer change your decision on whether to take the cruise or change rooms?  I not, it really doesn’t matter if you have accurate information in advance.  If they open great, if they don’t enjoy your cruise anyway.  OTOH, if the a connecting balcony is make or break on you booking those staterooms...accurate information matters, but if that was the case you would have researched this before booking.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 6:07 PM, ed01106 said:

OTOH, if the a connecting balcony is make or break on you booking those staterooms...accurate information matters, but if that was the case you would have researched this before booking.

Not necessarily...when I see rooms that I think will work for us, I often book even if I don't have all the questions answered yet. Then I as I gather more information with the helpful people here and elsewhere, I can keep or change my booking. The cruise is still 16 months out so I'm still gathering info, but wanted a reservation in place as it's over Thanksgiving and is filling pretty quickly:) 

• Like 1