Trying to understand internet pricing

tarps14

We will be on the Equinox Aug 24-31.  Just the DH and I so we would need an internet package for two (maybe).  In the past, we have usually gotten a single unlimited package to share and just took turns being on it.  We could use it with whatever device we wish (iPhone, laptop or iPad) so long as it was one person only at a time.  The login was generic and could be pulled up on any device.  Celebrity appears to be different. If we were to chose the two device plan, can someone explain to me exactly what that means.  Is it one person, two devices only.  Or two people with one device each, etc.  We don't want to spend quite what the unlimited pack would be for each of us if possible.  Thanks for any info you can give.

P.S.  And, yes, I tried a search but got frustrated with it and just started a new topic.🙄

The 1 device plan allows only 1 device to be connected to the internet at a time, doesn’t matter who or what device is connected.  2 device plan allows for 2 devices to be connected simultaneously.  The 1 device plan works fine for us.

The Wifi account works the same on Celebrity as you described with the exception that you have to manually input your username (that you select) and 4 digit passcode (which you also designate).   If one of you is on line and the other goes to logon it will prompt you to "Log On this Device".      Very easy to share.    Multiple accounts works as described above.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand the differences between the unlimited package vs the surf only package, and I understand the # of devices concept (i.e. to be used at a time), but what I don't understand is the pricing... in our cruise planner it is showing the "price per adult" . So for example, our 12 day cruise is showing the "Surf Internet - 2 Devices" as $324.00 per person and the description says it is good for couples. Are they going to charge for both my husband and I therefore $648, or is it just funny wording as the description and it will just be $324 for whoever it gets registered to, but we could both use our own devices at the same time?

In our case, we won't be streaming anything or trying to facetime with anyone. We will want to check emails, google a few things and hopefully text each other and family through Skype as opposed to cellular texting. I am assuming the Surf plan will be sufficient for this?  

Should we even consider a pay-as-you go option if we think we will be using minimal internet time? Anyone know the approximate pay-as-you go pricing? Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, homeofthehound said:

I understand the differences between the unlimited package vs the surf only package, and I understand the # of devices concept (i.e. to be used at a time), but what I don't understand is the pricing... in our cruise planner it is showing the "price per adult" . So for example, our 12 day cruise is showing the "Surf Internet - 2 Devices" as $324.00 per person and the description says it is good for couples. Are they going to charge for both my husband and I therefore $648, or is it just funny wording as the description and it will just be $324 for whoever it gets registered to, but we could both use our own devices at the same time?

In our case, we won't be streaming anything or trying to facetime with anyone. We will want to check emails, google a few things and hopefully text each other and family through Skype as opposed to cellular texting. I am assuming the Surf plan will be sufficient for this?  

Should we even consider a pay-as-you go option if we think we will be using minimal internet time? Anyone know the approximate pay-as-you go pricing? Thanks in advance!

I believe you may be confusing the concept of multi-devices.   It is not a per person charge.   If you get the 2 devices only one person would have to pay it.    I would recommend just getting one device on Surf and share it as needed, unless you both need to be connected at the same time.  

Another consideration is that the price on the internet may or may not include your CC discount.   You use to have to call in to have the discount applied or sign up on the  ship, but I believe last week when looking it said that it included the discount.   Good to check.

Thanks Jim_Iain. Appreciate you trying to help :)

Not sure if this is going to work ok, but I have tried to attach a screen shot to show how my cruise planner is showing the price as "per adult" in the bottom left corner. Anyway, I'll likely just wait until we get on the ship to sort out a good plan for our needs. Was just hoping to be able to make sense of this before we get on the ship :)

Surf 2 Devices.tiff

Edited by homeofthehound