Alcohol, Laundries, Library, Internet

roothy123

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

It's been 2 years since I was on Sirena and we used the machines for all our wash then. 

What's the charge for the 20 item service? Do they ever run "specials"? We'd be doing all T shirts and shorts- nothing that can't stand hot water and a dryer. And there's a 3 day turn around time?

TIA 🙂

on longer cruises  14 + days  I think ... they do run a bag special   20 items for $24.95  the last one I saw

5 hours ago, clo said:

You wanted it dry cleaned and they WASHED it?!?!?  Wow.  I didn't even know that cruise ships were set up for dry cleaning.

They washed it and it came back dirtier. They offered to dry clean it to take the adhesive off. Worked well. Who knows, maybe it was done off ship? They fixed my problem, as I made noise. I still wear the top.

7 hours ago, LHT28 said:

HUH

You stated you rewashed the item & stretched it  in your post above  ??

Why not just talk to the Concierge or GM & let them know there was a problem

No fuss  just  let them know the problem let them fix it

Yes, I thought it was worth a go to give them a good stretch, steam in the dryer for 7 mins with the rest of the undies, another stretch and hanger dry, it seemed to improve them enough. It's too late for complaining now, but my husband's was the priciest shirt and he was determined not to complain, I am not going to fool with that. But I filled in my cruise review form, he didn't do his!

The only reason I think the laundry was so busy was that we had heatwave conditions for a week or so, over 40 Celsius, so there was great demand!!

Edited by Hokapontas
removed a quote that had been answered

7 hours ago, ORV said:

If I remember right they put a small tag on them with adhesive cloth tape. 

It's probably why they dry cleaned it off foc. They tried to tell me I left a sticker on it, but I hadn't. A wayward cleaning label might leave adhesive.

Nice to hear about the refurbishments and enhancements; thanks. I think my friend will like Oceania and Sirena.  As for me, I'm looking forward to Regatta being finished.

One quick question: The bow cam is still there post-refurbishment, right, with the view broadcast on one of the TV channels?  I know, it's a small thing to ask about.  However, when you're in an inside cabin, it's nice to turn it on first thing in the morning to see if you're docked yet or close, see if it's sunny, etc.

And the question someone asked about a sleep timer for the TV - assume there is none? 

On 7/8/2019 at 11:08 AM, roothy123 said:

I'm writing something up for a first time O cruiser.  She'll be on Sirena in May.  Some of the ships, including Sirena, have been refurbished since I cruised.  Therefore I'm wondering:

Is there still a library on the R ships?

Can you still bring alcohol on board to keep in your room?  If you want it chilled, where do they store it, and can you get it out when you want, or how does that work?

Do you still need to get tokens for the washers and dryers?

Is the (regular) internet free or is there a charge?

Yes to all.

3 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Yes to all.

So laundry is free, but machines still require tokens - on refurbished ships like Sirena?  I'm thinking someone else said tokens were no longer used at all...not that it matters much, but still curious!

24 minutes ago, roothy123 said:

So laundry is free, but machines still require tokens - on refurbished ships like Sirena?  I'm thinking someone else said tokens were no longer used at all...not that it matters much, but still curious!

The self serve laundry is  complimentary on all ships  ...no tokens anymore

On 7/9/2019 at 9:18 PM, Petoonya said:

It's been 2 years since I was on Sirena and we used the machines for all our wash then. 

What's the charge for the 20 item service? Do they ever run "specials"? We'd be doing all T shirts and shorts- nothing that can't stand hot water and a dryer. And there's a 3 day turn around time?

TIA 🙂

We were just on Nautica....in the currents newsletter they had a 20 item for $25 deal.  The usual free bag is 3 day turnaround. Not sure if the $25 deal is faster

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LHT28 said:

The self serve laundry is  complimentary on all ships  ...no tokens anymore

Just curious... when was the changeover to free? Our cruise in Jan/Feb 2019 used laundry tokens.  And they ran out pretty quickly.  People were super pissed. Free would be great. 

1 hour ago, Mrs f. said:

Just curious... when was the changeover to free? Our cruise in Jan/Feb 2019 used laundry tokens.  And they ran out pretty quickly.  People were super pissed. Free would be great. 

it was free in April on our cruise but I think it happened ship wide  in March

I am sure there is a post someplace  here about it

1 hour ago, Mrs f. said:

We were just on Nautica....in the currents newsletter they had a 20 item for $25 deal.  The usual free bag is 3 day turnaround. Not sure if the $25 deal is faster

I think the  Bag special is 3 day turnaround as well

The Free  bag  that is mentioned is for  Concierge & above  so no one gets confused

• Like 1

I find it  rather amusing to read  about doing your own laundry     As I see it, here you are paying 300-500 a day pp, to enjoy a wonderful ship and all its luxuries  why would  cheat your self of the full experience  by spending hours, fighting, lurking, jockeying for a slot to do your laundry to save a few dollars, while at the same time depriving you of the most important commodity  TIME ?         Seems a false economy.   Money you can get more of... time  not so much.  Why waste it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

I find it  rather amusing to read  about doing your own laundry     As I see it, here you are paying 300-500 a day pp, to enjoy a wonderful ship and all its luxuries  why would  cheat your self of the full experience  by spending hours, fighting, lurking, jockeying for a slot to do your laundry to save a few dollars, while at the same time depriving you of the most important commodity  TIME ?         Seems a false economy.   Money you can get more of... time  not so much.  Why waste it

Why do you care how people spend their time  & money🙄

We have been down this road before  with your opinions  on how people show live their lives

Some of  us prefer to do our laundry OUR WAY 

YMMV

• Like 5