Drinks in Library

jangor

15 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

I bring coffee, read and watch the passing views from the big comfy chairs in the Coral Library.  Most other Princess libraries don’t really seem that conducive to spending much time, but would likely bring my beverage if I stopped by.  

The Coral library is lovely and the only one I’ve seen that is appealing to spend time in. The Coral also has that wonderful game room with tables for games and puzzles!  It is a shame that this area was removed from the Island...but that is another story.

9 hours ago, jeeper2 said:

The Coral library is lovely and the only one I’ve seen that is appealing to spend time in. The Coral also has that wonderful game room with tables for games and puzzles!  It is a shame that this area was removed from the Island...but that is another story.

IDK the Coral Library but the Island has the Library and several game tables.   Looks slightly smaller than area on the Coral (both on Emerald deck).  There are also some game tables within the confines of what is labelled as Library space on Island.  

On 7/8/2019 at 5:25 PM, jangor said:

I know that this is a bit of a weird question, but it just popped up in a discussion with friends.  The library is a great place to hang out.  Not just for books, but puzzles and games.  Can you bring food or drink into the library??

It sounds like you're describing what we've found on the newer HAL ships like Zuiderdam.  On most Princess ships (the newer ones I think) the library is an afterthought (just one wall) in the computer room.  No place to socialize in there.  On the older ships the library was a separate room but one doesn't generally think of socializing in a library, as some people are in there to read.  Those ships with the stand-alone library do have board games, etc., I believe.

1 hour ago, BarbinMich said:

It sounds like you're describing what we've found on the newer HAL ships like Zuiderdam.  On most Princess ships (the newer ones I think) the library is an afterthought (just one wall) in the computer room.  No place to socialize in there.  On the older ships the library was a separate room but one doesn't generally think of socializing in a library, as some people are in there to read.  Those ships with the stand-alone library do have board games, etc., I believe.

I really liked the Library on the older ships (Grand Class, maybe) which I remember as large enough to have two or more game tables.  I used to go on CC looking for mah jong lovers on my cruise.  Larger selection of books as well.  On the Royal and Regal, the library is much smaller with one conference size table, not really conducive to socializing, but usually empty on sea days.  Bar right outside, so I wondered if could bring in drinks while having a game of cards or chess.  Just a passing thought.

On 7/8/2019 at 2:32 PM, voljeep said:

what about taking a glass of cab and a hard roll into the chapel ?

Like the bottle of wine & 2 challahs on every Friday night service? 

Like stated above most ship libraries hold the games and cards ....

Edited by Ombud

On 7/8/2019 at 10:32 PM, voljeep said:

what about taking a glass of cab and a hard roll into the chapel ?

Some denominations have communion wine followed by a sing-song and occasionally smoking happens.  This is not appropriate for a library setting but fine in a chapel. 

Games in the Library, ping-pong, snap, uno, hide and seek, charades not really sure to be honest.

Regards John

Edited by john watson