My cruise is cancelled, can I use a future cruise deposit to rebook?

CineGraphic

As many of you already know the Pacific Princess is being redeployed to Australia. This means our May 9th, 2021 cruise will soon be cancelled.

I did not use a future cruise deposit to make the reservation, instead I put $300 down.

Princess states in an email that they will transfer our deposit money towards a new booking of our choosing, and will tack on a small bit of OBC for the trouble.

Later this month, we'll be on board the Caribbean Princess. Can I buy a future cruise deposit and use it for the re-booking, plus have them transfer the $300 deposit to the new booking as well? I called Princess, and the poor gal on the phone made absolutely no sense.

Very likely you can use both the FCD and the $300 rollover. The latter would be processed simply as a payment on your cruise fare.

The real question I imagine is whether the OBC associated with the FCD and the "compensatory" OBC from your cancelled cruise are stackable. I know Princess historically does not let one OBC disqualify another--but since this is "internal compensation" they can apply or renege as they wish. I would suggest at least waiting until your cruise is formally cancelled and the deposit credit and OBC appear in your Circle account. Thus armed with both that and your FCD you or your TA need to be in attack mode when booking your next cruise to not finalize anything unless all is applied.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, geoherb said:

Was there a deadline given in the email for you to book another cruise with that deposit? 

"If we do not hear from you within 30 days, we will process a refund of any payments received to the original form of payment."

They haven't officially cancelled it yet, it's still in my personalizer.....this verbiage is from one of the other cancelled sailings. If I have to book within 30 days, I'll have to do it while we're on the Caribbean Princess 7/27 - 8/9.

Edited by CineGraphic

10 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

"If we do not hear from you within 30 days, we will process a refund of any payments received to the original form of payment."

They haven't officially cancelled it yet, it's still in my personalizer.....this verbiage is from one of the other cancelled sailings. If I have to book within 30 days, I'll have to do it while we're on the Caribbean Princess 7/27 - 8/9.

IMO, it is no big deal if Princess just refunds you the deposit.  You have your money back to re-spend as you wish.  Of course, the best thing is to have FCD on hand for any next booking.  Only you can decide if the cruise you have in mind can wait until end of July to get the cabin and price point you want.  You will still have the tiny OBC sitting in your CC account to be applied to a new booking. 

(For example, we received $15 OBC when Island was cancelled out of the Med and a trip through Suez Canal to Singapore in order to become the new ship for WC's beginning in 2021.  That was auto-applied to the next booking I made which was for a similar voyage on Regal).

Transfer the deposit and get the compensatory OBC. Then add the FCC to the reservation as an additional $100 payment. If the additional OBC shows up, then you are golden. If it doesn't, well, you just paid $100 in advance.

FYI: Each of you go buy the $500 gift card and get the $25 bonus. Then apply the bonus to the cruise too.

2 hours ago, richmke said:

Transfer the deposit and get the compensatory OBC. Then add the FCC to the reservation as an additional $100 payment. If the additional OBC shows up, then you are golden. If it doesn't, well, you just paid $100 in advance.

FYI: Each of you go buy the $500 gift card and get the $25 bonus. Then apply the bonus to the cruise too.

Can you cite a URL where the $25 bonus is offered?

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/overview/gift-cards/

does not seem to mention such...?