Luggage Valet on arrival on TA from Europe?

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I have not done a transatlantic on Royal, but on Celebrity, Luggage Valet is not available on these itineraries.  They don't set it up until the ship is based back in Florida.  Maybe Royal is the same?

Possibly.  I know that the crew is extremely busy when the ship first arrives back in the US after being overseas for a while.   They may avoid adding to their task list by skipping Luggage Valet for that cruise.

7 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Haven’t done a TA for a few years, but in the past it was no different than air travel -  had to claim baggage and go through customs and immigration.  

I wonder if they could offer  it after customs.

7 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I wonder if they could offer  it after customs.

Not sure if they treat TAs differently from a customs and immigration point of view.  

After all, Caribbean you still go through customs and immigration, but find TAs to be much more thorough and more checking - must be a reason.  Even on Caribbean cruises the airlines that participate say for their domestic flights only. 

2 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Not sure if they treat TAs differently from a customs and immigration point of view.  

After all, Caribbean you still go through customs and immigration, but find TAs to be much more thorough and more checking - must be a reason.  Even on Caribbean cruises the airlines that participate say for their domestic flights only. 

Plus, for TAs ending in the US, there are public health inspections, Coast Guard inspections, plus every crewmember has to see government agents. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Yes, you always go through customs and immigration, but with luggage valet, you luggage does not accompany you.

International arrivals, luggage does go through also.

I recently arrived in Atlanta on an international flight,  then  had to collect or luggage, go through C&I, and there was an airline checkin counter to check our baggage for our connecting flight.

When I came off the Symphony TA last year we cleared immigration in Port Canaveral the day before Miami.  Upon arriving in Miami we simply walked off.

I don't recall Luggage Valet being offered but didn't look for it since I was embarking Serenade from PEV that day.  

2 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Did you have to do that.....what if you stay on the ship?🤔

Everyone was required to leave the ship including crew.  Crew did their processing starting at 5am so they could get back on and cook breakfast and such.  Guests all had to leave the ship down to a zero count before guests were allowed to return.  

Royal arranged for some free shuttles to local malls since the terminal can't hold 5,000+ people.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Everyone was required to leave the ship including crew.  Crew did their processing starting at 5am so they could get back on and cook breakfast and such.  Guests all had to leave the ship down to a zero count before guests were allowed to return.  

Royal arranged for some free shuttles to local malls since the terminal can't hold 5,000+ people.

What a pain!👎🙄