Dithering about Aqua

Have the chance for a very last minute, much needed 14 night cruise on Silhouette .  The only available cabin today is aqua guaranteed.  I know there's been a threat about whether it's worth it but I'm more concerned about noise as the majority of rooms are either under the spa and gym or the pool.  14 days is a long time to be in a bad cabin.  Do I say sod it and take the chance or leave it!  I appreciate this is peoples opinions and in the end I have to make the choice but would like to hear opinions.

Depends on whether or not noise from above is going to be an issue for you.  I'm a pretty heavy sleeper so could probably tune it out.  Others hear every little bump and scrape and let it drive them crazy.  So much of it depends on what room you get assigned, of course.  Once your room assignment is made, Celebrity will let you change to another room in the same category but that only helps if you know which rooms are still empty.  If it's a decent price, I'd probably try it out and take earplugs just in case.

Edited by bEwAbG

8 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

This AQ GTY is the ONLY available cabin on the whole ship, or the only AQ available?

That was my first question.

And take it from someone who spent a hellish 15 days in a cabin under the pool deck (worst cruise, by far, out of 85), consider carefully.

If the only cabin, and a good deal, I would take it no matter what if I really needed this holiday.

If it is the only AQ on the ship, I would not book.  Go with a standard balcony cabin and save the money - for the difference between categories - and eat at some specialty restaurants.

Friends of ours were in a similar situation.  They took the room.  The room was one of them with the window washing equipment right in front of the veranda.  It drove them crazy.   Try to find out the location if you can.  It could be a nice room or under the treadmill.

15 minutes ago, keesar said:

Try to find out the location if you can.  It could be a nice room or under the treadmill.

The OP is asking about a Guaranty cabin, so the location would be unknown.  I know some folks have been lucky with GTYs, but some have not.  You need to be prepared to cruise in the worst possible location.  

• Like 1

We did a commercial transportation company and it was very good.  The company actually arrived early and had to wait for us.  It was really busy in the waiting area after we checked in as the same area was being used for a Royal Caribbean ship as well.  We will not get there early the next time.  

3 hours ago, hopeless holiday booker said:

Have the chance for a very last minute, much needed 14 night cruise on Silhouette .  The only available cabin today is aqua guaranteed.  I know there's been a threat about whether it's worth it but I'm more concerned about noise as the majority of rooms are either under the spa and gym or the pool.  14 days is a long time to be in a bad cabin.  Do I say sod it and take the chance or leave it!  I appreciate this is peoples opinions and in the end I have to make the choice but would like to hear opinions.

Grab it.  We were on Silhouette on New Year’s Eve a couple of years ago and there were two nights when it was noisy due to pool parties.  For this August 11 cruise I made sure we aren’t under the pool area.  Then I realized that we will be lucky to use the pool during the day, doubt if there will be loud music late at night in this climate.

The only bad cabins might be under the gym area.

3 hours ago, keesar said:

Friends of ours were in a similar situation.  They took the room.  The room was one of them with the window washing equipment right in front of the veranda.  It drove them crazy.   Try to find out the location if you can.  It could be a nice room or under the treadmill.

We are in one of the 2 cabins with window washing equipment (didn't bother us much at all when we were last in one of these cabins), so the OP now has a reduced chance of getting a cabin with the window washing equipment hanging from the deck above.

5 hours ago, hopeless holiday booker said:

The whole ship is sold out.  Thanks for the thoughts.  all your comments are really the same as mine - if there was another category I'd take it but I need the holiday and AQ is still Blu which we've only done once and it is a good price - still thinking though! 🙄

If it's a good price and Aqua, go for it.  Sounds like a good time.

I appreciate you haven't been holding your breath waiting to hear what I did but I thought I'd get back to you!!!!

My aqua room ended up not being available but a guaranteed concierge room came up with all the offers.  I took it - so no Blu, but never had lunch on embarkation day so will make the most of that.  

Rotoal - see you on board