Cabin for 3 passengers on Celebrity Constellation

JanFaye

We just got off the Constellation with a cabin for 3. We had an inside and the small sofa/chair converted to a bed. We were initially happy that it wasn't a normal third berth that came out of the ceiling but it made it very difficult to get from the bed to the front of the cabin because when opened the sofa bed is right up against the desk chair. We found that if you removed the chair and put it next to the wall you could get past it easier. My daughter said it wasn't particularly comfortable but to be honest not many of the third passenger beds ever have been.

We've been on Connie as a 3 a few times - but in an RS or CS.  The extra bed is a sofa conversion and although there isn't the greatest amount of space once its down - particularly in the CS - it is enough.   I can't sleep on them because I have back issues, but DH and DD both manage fine with the other in the bedroom with me.  You might be more comfortable upping your cabin class slightly to get more space?

3 hours ago, ghstudio said:

On the constellation, concierge and balcony cabins are 20 sq ft larger and have a sofa/full sized bed vs a chair/twin bed. 

Thanks everyone for your replies.  It gives me more information now to consider what to do.

We try to book quad cabins for the 3 of us. DD prefers the bed pulled down from the ceiling vs the sofa bed. We usually tell our cabin steward on arrival this is her preference. On sea days when she wants to lay around more, we just ask our cabin steward to leave it down. We did have a concierge triple on Milli once and said not again. With the sofa pulled out, it was way too difficult to get to the balcony. 

10 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

We try to book quad cabins for the 3 of us. DD prefers the bed pulled down from the ceiling vs the sofa bed. We usually tell our cabin steward on arrival this is her preference. On sea days when she wants to lay around more, we just ask our cabin steward to leave it down. We did have a concierge triple on Milli once and said not again. With the sofa pulled out, it was way too difficult to get to the balcony. 

Thanks Cool Cruiser

Beware the cabins that are listed as 3 occupancy. While never comfortable, the sofa beds for an occupancy of 4 have been decent enough for DS...but we learned on our most recent sailing that the only reason they were workable was because they were queens or doubles. For an occupancy 3 cabin, we had a pull-out sofa "chair" that created a single bed not a double. The single was made for a child sized height person. At 5'8" DS' feet totally hung off the end of the "bed". Our steward managed to rig the bed with the sofa pillows and whatnot to make it be longer but it was the MOST uncomfortable bed DS has slept on for a cruise. For reference, this was stateroom 9000 on Millennium pre-revoltalution.

In contrast, the most comfortable "extra" bed that DS has slept on was a convertible style (not pull out) where the seat cushions of a couch were one solid "bed" and removing the back supports made the sofa into a bed. A true convertible, not a pull out. If any room has that style bed...that would be a thumbs up. For reference, this bed was in one of the then "panoramic" OV staterooms added to the Enchantment of the Seas when it was stretched, midship on decks 7 and 8...(I think those were the decks.)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ghstudio said:

On the constellation, concierge and balcony cabins are 20 sq ft larger and have a sofa/full sized bed vs a chair/twin bed. 

We have stayed in a concierge cabin on Connie with a pullout sofa. When the sofa was made into a bed, it was virtually impossible to access the balcony. It made the balcony feel completely worthless whenever the bed was out. This was the reason that I went for stateroom 9000 on Millie...larger stateroom but made for 3...I thought the extra space and seating would make a nice space for our family when we were in the cabin. It would have been perfect except that the pullout chair is awful for anyone taller than 5' or so.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:26 PM, JanFaye said:

Hi, we are a family of 3 wanting to go on Constellation, Dubai to Singapore trip.  Is there a separate bed for the 3rd passenger, or is it a rollaway?  Is it comfortable?  Thanks

I would suggest you consider getting attached outside cabins or inside depending upon your budget.  If not a family balcony cabin would be more comfortable 

What I would do if I were you would be to watch like a hawk the family cabins on the rear of the ship.  You need to wait until they open them up for booking for less than 4 or 5 or call Celebrity directly.  I don't think you can book those online until they open them up for fewer than 4 or 5.  Try for a corner one if possible.  These cabins are much larger than ordinary cabins and have huge balconies.  Good luck!  Otherwise, the advice to get a cabin that accommodates 4 is good.  The bed that comes down out of the ceiling won't take up all your floor space.

Really depends on the age and size of your daughter.  if she is an adult and not under 5 feet, she might not be comfortable on a couch bed or pull down bunk style bed.  

However you need to review your budget. If you call Celebrity directly, depending upon how booked up and popular the cruise is, they may let you book a family veranda

36 minutes ago, JanFaye said:

Thanks everyone for the extra replies, been very helpful.

Oceanview are 175 sq feet.  Balcony 195 sq feet.  Inside in between.  However some staterooms slightly different.  Handicapped staterooms are also larger

Just off the Connie and our DD tried both the sofa bed and the pull down bed -preferred the bed that drops from the ceiling.   It did leave  room in front of the mirror/sliding balcony door.  When the sofa bed was used we put the cabin chair onto the balcony and left it there

• Like 1