Accidentally booking the wrong date - can it be undone?

SempreMare

Asking this here rather in the original topic to avoid derailing that very interesting thread:

3 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

The only thing that disappoints me about HAL is their website.  I booked a (nonrefundable) cruise yesterday on the wrong dates because I missed clicking on the date in their scroll down menu because I was concentrating on the cabin type and sale price.  Now we are going a week earlier than planned but it's not that much of a problem.  I wish their website was as easy to use as Princess. I didn't see the wrong date until I received our confirmation of payment.

@Diver2014, couldn't you call HAL within a certain period of time, talk to your PCC, and explain the error? 

I bet you aren't the first one to do this.

Edited by SempreMare

Call them.  I research online but i am afraid to book online.  I need someone to verify the information for me!  If you don’t have a personal cruise consultant just call the HAL reservations line and if that person can’t help you insist on talking to a supervisor.  You should have at least 24 hours to make a correction and more time on the weekend since the HAL computers are frequently down or under construction!

• Like 1

You have 24 hours to change your mind.  I booked the wrong cruise once and it was a one way to Puerto Rico and I thought it was round trip.  I don't fly.....😱  Boy, was I scared until my TA called and found that she could cancel it for me.  I had booked online (at night) and was going to let her know the next day so she could take it over.  Whew!!

Linda R.

My online error turned out to be a blessing in disguise -our dog/house sitter is unavailable for the week we originally wanted to book. I called HAL today to upgrade to another cabin category. The phone rep was an absolute pleasure to deal with and we had our new confirmation before I hung up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

My online error turned out to be a blessing in disguise -our dog/house sitter is unavailable for the week we originally wanted to book. I called HAL today to upgrade to another cabin category. The phone rep was an absolute pleasure to deal with and we had our new confirmation before I hung up. 

Good news!  Sometimes things happen for a reason 😉 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

Glad it worked out for the best. Life is strange sometimes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

Thanks for your very pleasant Post.  Always good to see upbeat comments when so many on here appear to be looking for reasons to be upset.

• Like 1