Do nude cruises have the same cruise director?

Lottacruises

I'm talking about the Carnival cruise director that would normally be on the ship. 

Anyone done the nude cruise on a carnival ship? 

If so, what was it like activity wise, same shows? Etc.. etc.. 

Looking at the 14 day from Tampa that nearly circles the Caribbean... what an itinerary!

23 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

I'm talking about the Carnival cruise director that would normally be on the ship. 

Anyone done the nude cruise on a carnival ship? 

If so, what was it like activity wise, same shows? Etc.. etc.. 

Looking at the 14 day from Tampa that nearly circles the Caribbean... what an itinerary!

Yes, the crew is the same

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I would think charters determine their own activities.

Most do. Nudists tend not to as they want a regular cruise with the freedom of clothing optional. Swingers charters tend to have many planned activities of their own such as fancy dress nights, costume themes and comedians with their interest in mind. Don't ask me how I know 😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Specifically looking to see if anyone has  had experiences with activities, etc....this isn't a lifestyle friendly. 

All I have heard is that from others is the crew is the same. Just wondering if the CD lead the sailaway party, will there be shows in the theatre and trivia... etc...

23 minutes ago, brandi0727 said:

Let's all hope that after they've had their naked fun,  the ship is completely sterilized from top to bottom before the next sailing!  

Nope, just the usual cleaning. I've read on here the nudists are required to sit on a towel on the furniture in the public areas and that Carnival provides stacks of fresh towels at the entrances to the public rooms for them to use. There is a $15 lost towel fee for the bath size towels since someone is bound to ask. 😉

• Haha 1

If Carnival is like NCL, you can request a "deep cleaning" of your stateroom prior to your cruise.  Usually, though, you need a good reason.  Only asked for that once, and it was allegedly granted (on NCL).

OK I have my flame proof outfit on.  We have been on 3 of the Bare Necessities clothing optional cruises and are booked on next year's as well.

There is a Cruise Director from the cruise line and the usual entertainment staff.  All the staff and crew are given the option to take the week off if nudity would be offensive to them.  Most stay and some from other ships work hard to be assigned to the BN cruise, because they say the BN cruisers are more friendly, complain less and tip better.  BN also has their own cruise director, Barry, who works along side Carnival's cruise director, and they also bring on extra bands, singers, a crew of arts & crafts folks, extra staff to actually enforce the 20 min rule for deck chairs, and lecturers and workshop providers.

As to the worry about "naked people" being on the ship and somehow affecting the sanitation on the next cruise, rule #1 is always sit on a towel.  Bins of towels are provided all around the ship, no one would ever get away with not sitting on a towel, it is self policed.  And the seat a nude person just sat on with a towel between them and the seating surface is much less likely to be "contaminated" by them than a seat someone sits on in a bathing suit without a towel.

If you have any specific questions, please ask, I will be happy to answer for you.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Nope, just the usual cleaning. I've read on here the nudists are required to sit on a towel on the furniture in the public areas and that Carnival provides stacks of fresh towels at the entrances to the public rooms for them to use. There is a $15 lost towel fee for the bath size towels since someone is bound to ask. 😉

They do not keep track of towels.  The big blue towels in the pool area are just handed out without checking them out as is practice on a "textile" cruise.  They say there would be the usual fee for the beach towels left in your stateroom if they went missing, but they gave us 4 to start and we ended up with 6 at the end of the last cruise so they apparently were not worried about the towels.  Most of us have our own towels designed to fit over lounge chairs and not blow away anyway, so that is also in the mix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K&RCurt said:

OK I have my flame proof outfit on.  We have been on 3 of the Bare Necessities clothing optional cruises and are booked on next year's as well.

There is a Cruise Director from the cruise line and the usual entertainment staff.  All the staff and crew are given the option to take the week off if nudity would be offensive to them.  Most stay and some from other ships work hard to be assigned to the BN cruise, because they say the BN cruisers are more friendly, complain less and tip better.  BN also has their own cruise director, Barry, who works along side Carnival's cruise director, and they also bring on extra bands, singers, a crew of arts & crafts folks, extra staff to actually enforce the 20 min rule for deck chairs, and lecturers and workshop providers.

As to the worry about "naked people" being on the ship and somehow affecting the sanitation on the next cruise, rule #1 is always sit on a towel.  Bins of towels are provided all around the ship, no one would ever get away with not sitting on a towel, it is self policed.  And the seat a nude person just sat on with a towel between them and the seating surface is much less likely to be "contaminated" by them than a seat someone sits on in a bathing suit without a towel.

If you have any specific questions, please ask, I will be happy to answer for you.

Thanks!! Yes, this is what I was looking for. Do they do the same deck parties, hairy chest, etc???

Also, for those that can't look away, look at this amazing itinerary!

IMG_20190715_123605.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, K&RCurt said:

No flaming here.  I appreciate your foreright responses. Not my cup of tea but this is truly fascinating.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

Thanks!! Yes, this is what I was looking for. Do they do the same deck parties, hairy chest, etc???

IMG_20190715_123605.png

Wow, this is an amazing itinerary.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

IMG_20190715_123605.png

Would be nicer if they stopped someplace else instead of Nassau...like St. Thomas or Grand Turk, or even HMC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandomUser123 said:

What does a nudist wear to formal night in the MDR? 

If you read about this up coming cruise clothing is required in the MDR.  As for the cruise director he will be jumping from Miracle to this cruise.  He is a great CD. Frankie "The Tank"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

Is sun screen included in the price of this cruise? 

I do truly want to know. I'm fascinated by this concept. That and the itinerary for this cruise looks fantastic. I can just imagine how much SPF 100+ it would take to get me through the week. Also are there excursions to clothing optional places on the islands?

Thanks for answering questions. 

2 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

I THINK so.  I usually do not hang out by the main pool, spend most of my "out in the sun" time in the Serenity area, so can't say for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandomUser123 said:

What does a nudist wear to formal night in the MDR? 

You must be dressed in the MDR and specialty restaurants.  They dress WAY more formal than on a typical Carnival cruise.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

I do truly want to know. I'm fascinated by this concept. That and the itinerary for this cruise looks fantastic. I can just imagine how much SPF 100+ it would take to get me through the week. Also are there excursions to clothing optional places on the islands?

First, I'm not sure if any of these ports have a clothing optional place, unless it's some sort of private resort, and may not be open to day visitors. You would need to do a search on Google for each port to find out. Second, no such excursion (if there is one) would be offered through Carnival. If you opt to book this cruise, and don't want to put clothes on to go ashore, you do have the option of not getting dressed and stay on board.

Edited by beachbum53

29 minutes ago, bambidrummer said:

If you read about this up coming cruise clothing is required in the MDR.  As for the cruise director he will be jumping from Miracle to this cruise.  He is a great CD. Frankie "The Tank"

Oh lawd...... I am out of this one, I know Frankie personally... Lol.

He is awesome though!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

No sunscreen is not included. I usually go through 3 spray cans of SPF 50 on a 10 day cruise.

They try to have clothing optional excursions on as may ports as possible.  Usually there will be a CO boat cruise or snorkel trip.  This year in Jamaica I know there was a nude beach excursion, in Cozumel the normal Carnival "Passion Island Beach All Inclusive, was Clothing optional.  Amber Cove and Mahogany Bay we were the only ship there and it was clothing optional.  Past stops at HMC were clothing optional.  BN works hard to offer great options for shore excursions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I only know what I have read, but for all the ports, except mahogany bay, you have to be clothes while the ship is at port. Mahogany bay you can go nude as long as you are within carnivals area. 

And yeah, a lot of sunscreen would be needed for anyone that hasn't already gotten that all over tan, I am sure!

• Like 1