pre/post cruise hotel

stobby2

Hi

My wife and l are regular cruises with Royal and are leaving Miami for the Caribbean in January/February next Year. We have not sailed from Miami for a long time. Any suggestions for  a good value hotel fairly close to the Cruise Terminal would be appreciated

Many Thanks

UK Rog

Welcome to cruise critic!

Obviously, a city the size of Miami has lots and lots of hotels.  It would help us to know how you define 'good value', your budget, your travel dates, and any special amenities you are interested in.

That time of year is expensive for hotels in Miami. Anything in Downtown Miami or Brickell is a good location and close to the port. Popular ones are Hampton Inn Brickell, Holiday Inn Port Miami and YVE Hotel for lower budget hotels. 

The Port is in Downtown Miami. So tons of hotels to chose from. Miami Beach is not far from the port as well, so really you have hundreds of hotels to look at. Miami geographically is not a large city. 

11 hours ago, stobby2 said:

Hi

My wife and l are regular cruises with Royal and are leaving Miami for the Caribbean in January/February next Year. We have not sailed from Miami for a long time. Any suggestions for  a good value hotel fairly close to the Cruise Terminal would be appreciated

Many Thanks

UK Rog

uh, Super Bowl  2/2/2020 ...l

3 hours ago, Flymia said:

That time of year is expensive for hotels in Miami. Anything in Downtown Miami or Brickell is a good location and close to the port. Popular ones are Hampton Inn Brickell, Holiday Inn Port Miami and YVE Hotel for lower budget hotels. 

The Port is in Downtown Miami. So tons of hotels to chose from. Miami Beach is not far from the port as well, so really you have hundreds of hotels to look at. Miami geographically is not a large city. 

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Just been so long since we have been there cannot remember much about it but will look at your suggestions thanks again

50 minutes ago, stobby2 said:

Thats brilliant. Many thanks for that. Will check these out

If any of my suggestions work out you owe me a pint! Whatever bitter your local pours will be fine. :classic_wink:

I will definitely buy you a pint. Have looked and checked out suggestions and all ideal for what we need before and after Cruise. We have stayed in Doubletrees before and always good so probably will book that one

My local is THE FAT CAT in Ipswich Suffolk (UK) Real Ale  (Lubbly Jubbly) Thanks again

In South Beach I like:

The National

The Richmond

The Hotel of South Beach

South Seas

Kimpton Surfcomber (haven't stayed here since it was a Doubletree)

1 Hotel

W Hotel

Loews

Royal Palm

Delano

Shore Club

Setai

Ritz Carlton

The Raleigh

Catalina Resort

SLS (haven't  stayed at the one downtown)

The Sagmore

The Shelbourne

Mondrian

Ritz Carlton

I've stayed in almost every oceanfront hotel on Collins in South Beach so that is a pretty comprehensive list.  I've never had a stay in any of those hotels that wasn't exceptional.