Everything You Need to Know about Cheers

ishap

There are always a ton of question on here about the Cheers program, so I found this article that I thought I would share as it answers almost all of the Cheers questions:

https://cruiseradio.net/everything-you-need-to-know-about-carnivals-drink-package/

The other question people always ask is, is Cheers worth it?  Here are a couple of things to consider:

• Do the other 21+ people in your room drink alcohol?  If no, then chances are great it is not worth it.
  • Do you not drink a lot but drink soda, milkshakes, etc.?  Then is may be worth it depending on how much alcohol you do drink and how much of the other things you drink.  Again, consider the first point on the other person(s) in the room.  Maybe the Bottomless Bubbles program is for you with just paying as you drink for alcohol.
  • Example using myself:  My wife drinks maybe 1-2 drinks a day, does NOT drink soda, and drinks water most of the time.  I drink maybe 5-6 beers a day while cruising but don't drink sodas or other specialty drinks.  We never get Cheers as our total bar/drink bill averages out to only about $200-$300 for a week long cruise.  Cheers would cost us $800+. 

While I know there will continue to be questions on these boards, I hope this helps some people out there that are curious or on the fence about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Very informative post on Cheers on cruiseradio.net.  I learned a few things, and I've bought Cheers several times in the past and have already purchased it for my upcoming Paradise trip this weekend!

Good info except the part about having to go to your stateroom to find out which bar to go and activate Cheers.  I've always just gone to whatever bar I wanted a drink and ordered.  Sometimes I get a stickers, sometimes not.

• Like 1

The very best thing I've found out here is this spreadsheet that calculates Cheers cost for you.

there is is also the non-financial component - pre-paying and not being surprised by a bar bill. Plus the ability to order a fresh drink after yours has melted or if you tried something you didn't like.

Carnival Vista Cheers Evaluator 2018-08-02.xls

15 hours ago, ricew001 said:

The very best thing I've found out here is this spreadsheet that calculates Cheers cost for you.

there is is also the non-financial component - pre-paying and not being surprised by a bar bill. Plus the ability to order a fresh drink after yours has melted or if you tried something you didn't like.

Carnival Vista Cheers Evaluator 2018-08-02.xls 91.5 kB · 13 downloads

That spreadsheet is pretty cool.  Would be nice if someone could edit it so you can also specify the number of people so you can figure out as a group/couple.

I think most people who have cruised before should be able to use their previous bar bill as a guide, and those that have never cruised can certainly use this guide to help. 

I've never been surprised by a bar bill.  I always keep track of my spending day by day so I am not surprised.

On 7/15/2019 at 4:20 PM, ricew001 said:

Carnival Vista Cheers Evaluator 2018-08-02.xls 91.5 kB · 38 downloads

YOU ARE AMAZING.  Thank you so much for sharing this! 

• Like 1