Drink package - freestyle question

I was lucky enough to get in on the $18 drink package. My first on royal. 👍🏻

My question is the freestyle machine. Do I get a cup to access this?  Or I just get soda at the bar. (I’m a Diet Coke cherry fan and would like to enjoy that) 

1 minute ago, plagmah said:

I was lucky enough to get in on the $18 drink package. My first on royal. 👍🏻

My question is the freestyle machine. Do I get a cup to access this?  Or I just get soda at the bar. (I’m a Diet Coke cherry fan and would like to enjoy that) 

You will get a cup.  If the ship you are on has a freestyle machine you will have access.

• Like 1

The cup will b in ur stateroom waiting for u!  Just keep ur set sail pass that they give u at check in, to use until u get to ur room.  U will need to show them this if u order any drinks before checking into ur room

Edited by SuiteLady
  • Like 1

If you don't have the cup (that has a "chip" in it to operate the machine), you can get soda at ANY bar or eating venue in a glass....they won't have all the flavors, of course, but if standard coke or sprite (or whatever Coke makes) is ok, then you don't really need to carry that cup all the time.

On the general topic of drink packages: does anyone know how often and/or how close to the sailing date does Royal Caribbean offer discounts on the drink package as an incentive to buy it in advance? I’m in a JS on the upcoming 8/24 sailing of The Symphony of the Seas. I put in a bid for an upgrade to a GS which would entitle me to free drinks in the suites lounge before dinner, which would probably be enough for me. However I may not hear if my bid is accepted until a day or two before sailing. Would it be too late to benefit from any sales on the drink package if my bid is rejected and I’m buying the drink package after all? 

6 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

On the general topic of drink packages: does anyone know how often and/or how close to the sailing date does Royal Caribbean offer discounts on the drink package as an incentive to buy it in advance? I’m in a JS on the upcoming 8/24 sailing of The Symphony of the Seas. I put in a bid for an upgrade to a GS which would entitle me to free drinks in the suites lounge before dinner, which would probably be enough for me. However I may not hear if my bid is accepted until a day or two before sailing. Would it be too late to benefit from any sales on the drink package if my bid is rejected and I’m buying the drink package after all? 

If you are only having a few drinks before dinner it would be cheaper to just pay as you go.

8 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

On the general topic of drink packages: does anyone know how often and/or how close to the sailing date does Royal Caribbean offer discounts on the drink package as an incentive to buy it in advance?  ...

No discernable pattern to price changes.

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you are only having a few drinks before dinner it would be cheaper to just pay as you go.

yes, you are probably right. However there are 3 sea days when cocktails by the pool may seem like a good idea. Individual drinks are so expensive and can add up. Also my traveling companion might want the drink package, so I think I may be required to get it if she does.

i think I have to do the math..

50 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Typically they cut off online Cruise Planner purchases around 3 days before sailing, so you would need to buy before then.  And anyone over 21 generally has to buy the Deluxe package (sometimes you can buy a Deluxe and a Refreshment package if one person doesn't drink but you have to call).  You can buy if you see a sale ($46/pp/day is lowest I have seen lately) and if you get the upgrade cancel before it is used onboard.  This will obviously tie up a large chunk of cash.

1 hour ago, LeeW said:

Typically they cut off online Cruise Planner purchases around 3 days before sailing, so you would need to buy before then.  And anyone over 21 generally has to buy the Deluxe package (sometimes you can buy a Deluxe and a Refreshment package if one person doesn't drink but you have to call).  You can buy if you see a sale ($46/pp/day is lowest I have seen lately) and if you get the upgrade cancel before it is used onboard.  This will obviously tie up a large chunk of cash.

Thanks for the info