Adventure Deck 10 Aft Balcony with kids

Hey CC! Looking at booking another trip on the Adventure next year.  There are a few Aft balcony rooms available.. they look so nice and spacious.. however, it looks like the railings are not window panel like they were on our deck 9 JS last year.  Would be going with a 4 and 6 yo... I would NEVER let them out there without us, but my son is all boy so I am nervous about them climbing. Anyone ever stayed in one of these with young kids?

Can't help you with your question, but I wanted to compliment you on the descriptive nature of your subject line (name of the thread).   So many times I see new threads pop up with very generic thread titles that I think might cause some to skim past.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Can't help you with your question, but I wanted to compliment you on the descriptive nature of your subject line (name of the thread).   So many times I see new threads pop up with very generic thread titles that I think might cause some to skim past.

Haha.  Thanks Bob!

Thanks Merion. Yup - that is basically what I saw. I have heard great things about the aft balconies.  But I am a worrier... especially with the recent toddler death 😞. I know that is a totally different scenario though.  

I don’t see how a child of that age could fit through the bars. If they are permitted to climb, they can just as easily go over a glass partition. Set very strict rules - if you make any attempt to climb, you will sit in the room alone. At that age, they should be able to follow simple rules. 

We stayed in the RFS on the Liberty when my kids were just about the same age as your kids. The cabin faces aft and had the same type of bars as Adventure. As someone else mentioned about the lock and your son not being able to reach it, those doors are incredibly heavy to open for an adult. As long as you are with the kids while they are out there you shouldn't have any problems. We stayed in JS 1394 on Adventure and loved the balcony and the view.

Edited by kellyco

On 7/16/2019 at 12:02 PM, DeeDee316 said:

Hey CC! Looking at booking another trip on the Adventure next year.  There are a few Aft balcony rooms available.. they look so nice and spacious.. however, it looks like the railings are not window panel like they were on our deck 9 JS last year.  Would be going with a 4 and 6 yo... I would NEVER let them out there without us, but my son is all boy so I am nervous about them climbing. Anyone ever stayed in one of these with young kids?

We have stayed in these balconies on Voyager and Explorer a few times with kids ranging in age from 10 months to 10 Years. My 2 boys are climbers and I shared the same concerns as you. What we found was the railing is sloped inwards or back on itself see pic below, which makes climbing it very difficult. Additionally the balconies were layered on top of each other so standing at the edge you look down onto balcony below, if the unthinkable happened the fall would be 1 floor down and not several. Check out this site https://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_9-E/gallery.html and go to aft balconies and look at ocean views deck 10 and nine and you can visualise the 'stepping'

20170216_064733.thumb.jpg.1de7ce1bb79cccba62e2e4f090aa9037.jpg.