NCL HOLD TIME RECORDING......UGH!

redhatters

I have finally have 

gotten fed up with the hold time and lousy recorded message.  If NCL wants customers to hold on forever.....please put on a different message than Ahh Huh, etc no one cares about finding their hallelujah after waiting over half hour on hold!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Get a NCL PCC and never wait on hold.  Maybe I am lucky but I just email my PCC about pricing, cruises, upgrades, etc and she emails me right back.  I also pay the auto gratuities and any other items with email communication with my NCL PCC.  I would never stay on hold on the phone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Get a NCL PCC and never wait on hold.  Maybe I am lucky but I just email my PCC about pricing, cruises, upgrades, etc and she emails me right back.  I also pay the auto gratuities and any other items with email communication with my NCL PCC.  I would never stay on hold on the phone.

The only problem with NCL PCCs is that they don't give OBC.  I have an online TA  giving $600 OBC per $5,000 - $7,499 booking.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

The only problem with NCL PCCs is that they don't give OBC.  I have an online TA  giving $600 OBC per $5,000 - $7,499 booking.

I have $300 OBC for my upcoming cruise and have gotten $550 OBC on a previous cruise....all given by NCL direct.  I do agree each way of booking has its pros and cons.  One pro of booking with a NCL PCC is any changes.  I have added people, removed people, paid for things, changed things all done with a simple email then I see the booking on the NCL site with my changes and get an email describing them.

12 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I have $300 OBC for my upcoming cruise and have gotten $550 OBC on a previous cruise....all given by NCL direct.  I do agree each way of booking has its pros and cons.  One pro of booking with a NCL PCC is any changes.  I have added people, removed people, paid for things, changed things all done with a simple email then I see the booking on the NCL site with my changes and get an email describing them.

Most anything seems better than just booking with NCL directly online...PCC or travel agent...both can help...good advice.  

2 hours ago, redhatters said:

Hoping Andy Stewart reads this and helps out image of NCL.  Right now first impression for clients is "lousy customer service".

I agree.  We are fairly frequent cruisers but our upcoming cruise will be our first with NCL.  I know we will have a wonderful time but our experience with NCL so far has been very discouraging.  Every question I have had has been answered (or will be) here on CC.   I have spent almost 6 hours on hold (cumulatively) and heard the same recording so often that I now  dread hearing that song on the radio.   I understood about the computer issues but was irritated when I kept being told different dates of when our airline tickets would be done and yet when I called again 38 days out I was told our reservation had been lost in the ‘migration’, and she and a supervisor over rode the system and booked the tickets.   PCC (1st one) made it clear that he didn’t want me to call when he transferred my call mid-sentence (only my 2nd call in 4 months), and the 2nd PCC just says ‘oh, I don’t know’.   

Dinner reservations online did not work so we gave up and will ask concierge for help on board.  All in all customer service has been a terrible experience.  I doubt that I would use NCL to book another cruise.  I’ll find a TA.

is it an urgent issue that needs to be resolved asap? I noticed if i call late at night like after 10pm, the hold time is reduced. NCL call center is open until midnight EST. I called them a little after 10:30pm last night and only had to wait 5 mintues..not bad.