Solstice still have Silk Harvest?

twincheryl

We booked and paid for Silk Harvest on our Alaska cruise for May 2020 even though we were quite sure it wouldn't be around by the time our cruise gets here.    I now notice that Silk Harvest is no longer on the Cruise Planner and just want to make sure that someone recently/currently can confirm that it is gone.  No doubt it will be months before Celebrity will inform us that this change has been made, so if it's true I might as well cancel and use that OBC for something else.

Thanks...

We were on Solstice in March  of last year and dined in Silk Harvest.  I thought it was just awful and would not do it again.  We had the premium beverage package, and the wine selections were horrible.  We were dining in Blu (Aqua Class), right across the hall, and I sent the beverage person there to get me a glass of their premium wines from the Sommelier.  🍷

Yes, aware of the refund options. Last time we were allowed to book Silk Harvest on a different ship and it was gone before we sailed... we moved the payment to Le Petit Chef, but don't have any interest in doing that again.  

As typical,  Celebrity website shows Silk Harvest on the ship in the Solstice description page, and Revolution not scheduled until late October 2021... but no mention of it in cruise planner.

Silk Harvest is gone and has been replaced with Le Petit Chef which is now showing in my cruise planner (cruising December 2019). I believe the change was made on the 12th July. Would you recommend Le Petit Chef? It's $80 AUD pp for our Christmas/New Year cruise and I'm wondering if it's worth it?

9 hours ago, Mum81 said:

Silk Harvest is gone and has been replaced with Le Petit Chef which is now showing in my cruise planner (cruising December 2019). I believe the change was made on the 12th July. Would you recommend Le Petit Chef? It's $80 AUD pp for our Christmas/New Year cruise and I'm wondering if it's worth it?

We thought Le Petit Chef was ok... based on the fact that what we had paid for Silk Harvest was transferred over.  Would not pay the high price they are asking now.  The food was good, but very little choice.  Everyone in the restaurant had to wait to be served at the same time so that the little video on the dishes and table could go on.  If you have a lot of OBC that you don't know how to spend, you might try it once.  Lots of differing opinions from people on CC, but mine is no more than once, for sure.

11 hours ago, twincheryl said:

Yes, aware of the refund options. Last time we were allowed to book Silk Harvest on a different ship and it was gone before we sailed... we moved the payment to Le Petit Chef, but don't have any interest in doing that again.  

As typical,  Celebrity website shows Silk Harvest on the ship in the Solstice description page, and Revolution not scheduled until late October 2021... but no mention of it in cruise planner.

Heaven forbid the left hand should communicate with the right hand!

Yikes ...  we had a paid for reservation in Silk Harvest ... which we were looking forward to . We have previously had the Petit Chef experience on another cruise  - quirky and the dinner nice but will not pay the extra $20US for that again so I assume we just get the money returned . We used OBC . We would go I guess if the paid up cost remained the same but thinking that will not happen . Our calendar still shows our Silk Harvest reservation , surprise surprise . 

16 hours ago, hammo said:

Yikes ...  we had a paid for reservation in Silk Harvest ... which we were looking forward to . We have previously had the Petit Chef experience on another cruise  - quirky and the dinner nice but will not pay the extra $20US for that again so I assume we just get the money returned . We used OBC . We would go I guess if the paid up cost remained the same but thinking that will not happen . Our calendar still shows our Silk Harvest reservation , surprise surprise . 

Last time this happened to us, we got an email from Celebrity explaining the situation... since our cruise is 10 months away, I assume we will also hear from them a few months ahead.  We did transfer the amount paid for Silk Harvest directly to LPChef, but since we don't want to do that again, would just like to know for sure now.  Not sure how Mum81 knows about the 12th July date for it to be gone... would still like to hear from someone that has been on Solstice lately.

Once confirmed it will be LPChef, I'd take an active roll in having it cancelled if you are not interested.   Otherwise they might try to preserve their pre paid bookings by  automatically  transferring the res. Fine if you are interested...

(We are hoping Summit does not get LPChef as a replacement for Q sine)

On 7/18/2019 at 12:49 AM, Mum81 said:

Just dined at Le Petit Chef this past week on Equinox.  Personally, I doubt I'll ever go again.  I found the cartoon video to be really corny and for the added price at a specialty restaurant, I don't want to have to sit captive and watch a silly cartoon that seems geared to 8 year olds.  YMMV

6 hours ago, hcat said:

Once confirmed it will be LPChef, I'd take an active roll in having it cancelled if you are not interested.   Otherwise they might try to preserve their pre paid bookings by  automatically  transferring the res. Fine if you are interested...

(We are hoping Summit does not get LPChef as a replacement for Q sine)

That's what I was planning on doing...  I'm quite certain it will be LPChef before we go next May, but as we know how these things go, was hoping someone actually on the ship could confirm.  Definitely don't plan on LPChef again...

Received This email is from Celebrity  -- I've copied it here verbatim -  I thought it was a prank , given the wording .:classic_laugh:

Celebrity Cruises | Celebrity Solstice | October 11 2019 | Silk Harvest Dining | Reservation # 1217433

Good Day, 

The Silk Harvest  restaurant is being removed the ship.  All reservations currently book in Silk Harvest will be cancelled and refunded.   It is being replaced with a new dining experience called Le Petit Chef.  If you would like to rebook in a different restaurant you can call us at your earliest convenience at 1-888-837-5676 or you can thru your cruise planner on celebritycruises.com.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Best Regards, 

Celebrity Pre-Resolutions
Trade Support and Service - ICT Campus
CelebrityRRS@celebrity.com
Fax (305)603-0045

celebrity should be very clear about the reservations and what the restaurant will be. That said, we have seen Le Petit Chef 2x. if people think this a cartoon for kids they are not understanding, appreciating the overall complexity of this experience. To sit in a room of people all laughing at 3D figures RIGHT ON YOU PLATE (without VR glasses) is so unique. The animation, we were told takes 24 hour to create 10 seconds. LPC usually plays in Europe for over 150/pp. This is a standout memory for us on our cruise. I think Celebrity does a poor job marketing this, but innovations like this is what keeps us on Celebrity. It's the only MUST DO on our next Celebrity cruise.

Edited by LouieT

4 hours ago, hammo said:

Received This email is from Celebrity  -- I've copied it here verbatim -  I thought it was a prank , given the wording .:classic_laugh:

Celebrity Cruises | Celebrity Solstice | October 11 2019 | Silk Harvest Dining | Reservation # 1217433

Good Day, 

The Silk Harvest  restaurant is being removed the ship.  All reservations currently book in Silk Harvest will be cancelled and refunded.   It is being replaced with a new dining experience called Le Petit Chef.  If you would like to rebook in a different restaurant you can call us at your earliest convenience at 1-888-837-5676 or you can thru your cruise planner on celebritycruises.com.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Best Regards, 

Celebrity Pre-Resolutions
Trade Support and Service - ICT Campus
CelebrityRRS@celebrity.com
Fax (305)603-0045

Thanks, hammo...   I would also think that was a scam, given the horrible grammar.  Obviously, someone should have done a little proofreading... lol...  Guess I'll go ahead and cancel our reservations at this point and decide if we want to book something else.

For our September 6 sailing we were looking forward to eating at Silk Harvest. In late May, when we started seeing reports that SH would be gone before the Revolutionizing takes place, I contacted Captains Club. The rep called me back a day later and said he asked the Solstice Food and Beverage manager about our sailing. He was told that SH would be available for Lunch only. 

I hope that’s correct. I’m okay with a SH lunch!

We always enjoyed Silk Harvest and would certainly go for lunch if its available . ( $ ? ) 

It doesnt show in Cruise Planner now though , so I assume it will be gone in October . Funnily Our SH purchase still shows in our Calendar - I guess it remains there till we cancel it and get some credit back. .

We did enjoy LPC , although the novelty for us is a "oncer " , Quirky and cute but  the $55US for that limited menu over priced especially if you are converting to the AU$ . ( approx $80AU each is crazy )

We will probably negotiate a good deal at Sushi on5 instead .

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 7:08 PM, LouieT said:

if people think this a cartoon for kids they are not understanding, appreciating the overall complexity of this experience. To sit in a room of people all laughing at 3D figures RIGHT ON YOU PLATE (without VR glasses) is so unique. The animation, we were told takes 24 hour to create 10 seconds. LPC usually plays in Europe for over 150/pp.

I have no doubt that the technology behind it is complex and I appreciate that.  But to me, the end result is still a childish cartoon.  I would have appreciated it much more if it had been more in the style of a cooking show.  That would have been informative, without the corny humor.  To each his own.