B2B second muster required?

Ehg

22 hours ago, TWG_ag said:

Clearly you have heard that you are required to do the drill. I would point out that you do have the opportunity to improve your experience. When we have done back to back, we pay close attention to the area of our Muster station that goes out of deck last (if you have to do that) so that you are the closest to the rail and not pressed against the back wall, stand outside the least amount of time and get released first. If you do not go outside, again you can determine which area of the station is closest to the exit and gets out ahead of the crowd.  I would note that sometimes these coveted seats are obtained by coming early or sometimes by coming late. Armed with this information we time our arrival to the second (or third) Muster drill to get these prime locations. Something many of you have never experienced, is that on cruises longer than 14 days (something we usually do on Regent) you actually have to have a refresher drill during the cruise. This usually happens in late morning of a sea day. So just remember, the cruise line has to do it, the drill is as much a benefit to the crew (we absolutely want them to know their jobs) and the less resistance they get from the passengers, the faster we all get back to vacation.

We have done 15 night cruises on Celebrity and have never had to do a 'refresher drill'.  

21 hours ago, Ehg said:

And, actually, one muster might be conducted differently from another. Oh well, we shall see. It's not a problem really is it? 😂

It is totally irrelevant what other lines do. Mentioning other lines may confuse those who are not familiar with Celebrity policies.

20 minutes ago, Orator said:

It is totally irrelevant what other lines do. Mentioning other lines may confuse those who are not familiar with Celebrity policies.

Don't worry, it won't confuse me. Instructions are very easy to follow once on board and I find it interesting to know what other lines do. I don't find it at all irrelevant. 🙂 

On 7/18/2019 at 7:26 AM, TWG_ag said:

the less resistance they get from the passengers, the faster we all get back to vacation.

Thank you so much for this great advice. I still recall those days when we actually went to our lifeboat station, stood in the crowd while being pushed back by the staff and herded together whilst being checked off the stateroom list. Once all passengers were checked off the muster training began and we all put our life jackets on and such.

Now we simply go to our muster station inside the ship, find a comfy chair (we go early & leave late), sip whatever beverage we have, and patiently wait through the process as passengers are called for on the intercom, hoping they will bother to show up soon. Once the count is done the drill is completed and we can go on our way. We wait patiently for the herd to leave and then head to whatever we have in mind.

It's all good and it's all about maybe saving some lives, ours included, when the stuff hits the fan. Of course we're old enough to know that it does hit the fan, unlike some of the passengers who are apparently imperious and not worried about Mr. Reality whacking them from behind.

Oh. The other point. We know we're not nearly as important as those who can't be bothered to comply with Federal law and ship policy.

• Like 1

Only once did we not have to do a muster drill. It was on Princess 17 night cruise leaving from Bangkok. Princess handled the transfer from hotel to cruise ship. The lines at check in were so long that the muster drill was over by the time we got on board. I thought for sure we would have to do a make up drill.

Here I'm at muster drill D2 on Celebrity Edge waiting for the video. Not much seating. The only seating were in the stores. Good thing I'm a young 60.

IMG_20190303_120724424.jpg

During the muster drill when we were stationed in the theater,  I was reading my iPad (surreptitiously, I thought) and was told to stop!  I felt like I was in elementary school, felt pretty guilty actually!  So they really are VERY serious about the drill - as they should be, but be warned, pay attention - or at least look like you are!  

On a lighter note, I actually enjoy the "James Bond" video!  But I think we can all agree, that the "Wash Your Hands Video" is adorable!  Very catchy tune!  We cruise so often, I've got the animation memorized, I love the scene where the little creature swallows the slice of cake whole......HaHa!!

On 7/18/2019 at 4:59 AM, Atwell said:

Yep, on a B2B you are absolutely required to attend the 2nd muster drill.  They will come looking for you.

Especially if you move cabins and muster drill stations. Not everyone can stay in the same cabin or muster station especially with upgrades etc.