Crown E730/E731 Mini-Suites above the Fusion - Any noise concerns?

Ken the cruiser

We’re looking to book either C742 or C743, or any of the ones nearby them, on the Crown because of their location and covered balcony. However, with all of the mini-suites in that aft area on deck 8 being right above the Fusion, we were wondering if the music coming from that venue can become annoying in the evening?

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We’re looking to book either C742 or C743, or any of the ones nearby them, on the Crown because of their location and covered balcony. However, with all of the mini-suites in that aft area on deck 8 being right above the Fusion, we were wondering if the music coming from that venue can become annoying in the evening?

Caribe is on deck 10. Club Fusion is on deck 7 and is enclosed.  While I have not sailed in those particular cabins, I have many times booked the aft Caribe cabins.  At no time have we been bothered by any noise.  I believe you will enjoy those cabins.

15 minutes ago, tailspintom said:

Caribe is on deck 10. Club Fusion is on deck 7 and is enclosed.  While I have not sailed in those particular cabins, I have many times booked the aft Caribe cabins.  At no time have we been bothered by any noise.  I believe you will enjoy those cabins.

My apologizes and unfortunately I can’t go back and change the cabin numbers. I meant the aft mini-suite cabins on deck 8, E730 or E731, or any of those mini-suites (E720-E729) in the same aft location. 

We’re looking to book either E730 or E731 on the Crown, or any of the covered balcony mini-suites on deck 8 near them (E720-E729), because of their location and covered balconies. However, with all of the mini-suites in the aft area on deck 8 being right above the Fusion, we were wondering if the music coming from that venue can become annoying in the evening?

10 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

My apologizes and unfortunately I can’t go back and change the cabin numbers. I meant the aft mini-suite cabins on deck 8, E730 or E731, or any of those mini-suites (E720-E729) in the same aft location. 

OK Ken.  I am afraid I am of no help here then.  I have no experience on Emerald.  Somebody else will help you out, I am sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tailspintom said:

OK Ken.  I am afraid I am of no help here then.  I have no experience on Emerald.  Somebody else will help you out, I am sure.

Thanks Tom! You were a big help! However, to avoid any future confusion, I decided to open a new thread with the correct cabin numbers.

We just got off the Crown a week ago.  Our cabin was E723 and I don't remember hearing any noise at all from the deck below.  Or anywhere else.

I love deck 8 for it's convenience.  That last time we were on the Crown we had a mid-ship obstructed ocean view somewhere in the 400s I think.  We heard every party they gave in the atrium/piazza area.  Well, at least we heard the thump thump thump of the bass drums, LOL.  

But nothing at all in the aft mini-suites.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks Tom! You were a big help! However, to avoid any future confusion, I decided to open a new thread with the correct cabin numbers.

We stay aft in that area quite often.

Sometimes you may hear low bass sounds especially if the cabin is over the stage area.

We have never had noise that ever bothered us.

We would grab either of these in a heartbeat.

I would mark the booking "No Upgrade"!!!!! 

You can click on the "report post" button in your original post and request the title be changed.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We’re looking to book either E730 or E731 on the Crown, or any of the covered balcony mini-suites on deck 8 near them (E720-E729), because of their location and covered balconies. However, with all of the mini-suites in the aft area on deck 8 being right above the Fusion, we were wondering if the music coming from that venue can become annoying in the evening?

We stay aft in that area quite often.

Sometimes you may hear low bass sounds especially if the cabin is over the stage area.

We have never had noise that ever bothered us.

We would grab either of these in a heartbeat.

I would mark the booking "No Upgrade"!!!!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

We’ve stayed in E731, absolutely no noise. All of those aft minis are quiet on the starboard side. There are several reports of noise on the port side where the rooms are over the stage area. 

Thanks! This is exactly what we wanted to know. We are on the Crown now and saw the aft mini-suites on deck 8 with their covered balconies and we’re wondering about the noise associated with the stage. Glad to hear the noise is not an issue on the starboard side. 

We’re in a deck 9 midship mini-suite and the balcony is totally exposed.

We love these covered mini suites, have had them on the Crown and Sapphire and we've never heard any noise, the venue is normally empty by 11 ish anyway.  As Colo Cruiser has said - make sure you note for NO upgrade or they'll just move to an uncovered one nearer the middle which they would deem a higher grade - they are absolutely not!!

• Like 1

I believe that the stage/bandstand is located on the port side all the way aft, so if I were looking to book a cabin above that area, I would want it to be on the starboard side of the ship.

• Like 1

I've sailed in E731 on both the KP and the CP.  Absolutely no problems with noise.   Our next 2 KP cruises are in cabin E731.  If I can't get an Emerald deck mini suite,  I'll book a balcony.  I don't like the fully exposed mini suite balconies.