Bathroom amenities

Occasional Traveler

Along with shampoo & conditioner there is body lotion & body wash for your shower or a bar of soap if you prefer. They will be replenished as needed. (On VO’s website, take the 360 degree stateroom tour. Shows the bathroom.) Beyond toiletries, you also be provided with plush terry robes & slippers. Good size beach towels are available at the pools. If your cruise includes any water activity tours, beach towels will be provided. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Do the Deluxe Veranda bathrooms on the ocean ships have warm towel racks or any sort of warm rack you can hang wet or damp clothing on? I do know there are dryers in the laundry rooms.

24 minutes ago, ctrous said:

Do the Deluxe Veranda bathrooms on the ocean ships have warm towel racks or any sort of warm rack you can hang wet or damp clothing on? I do know there are dryers in the laundry rooms.

No. Nor in PV. I think ES has them, not sure about PJS.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ctrous said:

No. I believe only ES have them.

There is a retractable close line in the shower and with heated floors things dry fast in the bathroom.

For bathing suits there is a small “spinner” in the spa locker rooms to remove most of the water.

• Like 2

Somebody posted a hack awhile back for the sagging clothesline in the shower. Just tighten the screw where you pull it out—works like a charm—I did it on my last cruise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Everything sags to the middle of  line in the shower. I pack suction cup hooks that work great on the glass shower enclosure (but not on the wall). 

4 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

Somebody posted a hack awhile back for the sagging clothesline in the shower. Just tighten the screw where you pull it out—works like a charm—I did it on my last cruise.

Actually the steward showed me the trick. The line works like Venetian blinds cord. You tug it at an angle and it locks in place. Maybe the screw is part of this.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

2 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

not sure about PJS.

Yes, they have heated towel racks in PJS, (at least on Neptune), and I had a burned finger to prove it.  Didn’t know my husband had turned it on.

1 hour ago, SantaFe1 said:

Yes, they have heated towel racks in PJS, (at least on Neptune), and I had a burned finger to prove it.  Didn’t know my husband had turned it on.

Ack! 😰

On last cruise in Penthouse Jr. Suite, we had heated towel rack.  Never really used it.  I thought about drying my bathing suit on it.  The drips hitting the floor stopped me from using it.  

8 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

On last cruise in Penthouse Jr. Suite, we had heated towel rack.  Never really used it.  I thought about drying my bathing suit on it.  The drips hitting the floor stopped me from using it.  

We use them for heating towels.  It's quite nice to have heated towels when you are getting out of the shower in the morning.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Redtravel said:

A towel on the floor would solve that problem.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Redtravel said:

There are bathing suit spin dryers in the spa locker rooms. They remove most of the water.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

There are bathing suit spin dryers in the spa locker rooms. They remove most of the water.

Took my wet suit to the laundry room. Used the dryer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

I think that depends on the bathing suit fabric.  While on board, I have heard anecdotes of the spinner altering the shape of the suit.