Harmony main dining

Will be on Harmony next month, first time on RC. We’ll be doing anytime dining, but I see that there are three main dining rooms. Is there a difference among them?  Any reason to choose one over the others?  Thanks. 

You can't choose the dining room and there isn't any need to.  All serve the same food.  Two are used for fixed seating and one is technically Anytime.  Catch is that now they seem to be doing an early First Seating in the Anytime room.  So if you try to get reservations earlier than 6:30 you probably can't.  Note that reservations are not required - we just like to eat when the dining room opens.

Thanks. I’ve made reservations for 7-7:30 each night but wasn’t sure which restaurant to show up at. Guess I’ll find out which one they’re using for anytime when I get on board. 

We are doing anytime dining on Harmony in November. I just recently booked and they said that was the only dining available. I have never done anytime dining before.  Since you cruise next month, post back and tell us how you liked it. I am a little nervous since we have only done traditional dining and we love that. 

12 minutes ago, J80crew said:

Thanks. I’ve made reservations for 7-7:30 each night but wasn’t sure which restaurant to show up at. Guess I’ll find out which one they’re using for anytime when I get on board. 

Your SeaPass card will show the deck to which you have been assigned.

21 minutes ago, taymorel1 said:

We are doing anytime dining on Harmony in November. I just recently booked and they said that was the only dining available. I have never done anytime dining before.  Since you cruise next month, post back and tell us how you liked it. I am a little nervous since we have only done traditional dining and we love that. 

We’ve also only done traditional because we like getting to know “our” waitstaff, but this time we’re sailing with our tween-age granddaughter so need more flexibility. I’ll let you know how it goes. 

We did Anytime dining for the first time on the Radiance and it worked almost like traditional, if you make reservations before and chose the same time every night. Anytime was on level 4 dining room only and when we showed up for our time the first night you give them your room number and they show you to your table. (Every other night, we had a dining card left in our room that we just used.) We had the same table and same wait staff every night. Service was excellent! I'm not sure if it changes by ship or if you have slightly different dining reservations, like 6:15 one night and 6:30 another night.

After doing only My Time Dining for several years...I changed us back to early Traditional dining for our Harmony cruise next month.

Because the Harmony has added an early Traditional seating using the My Time Dining room at 5:00pm this delays all MT reservations to 6:30 or later and it was a mess!!!

I don’t know who decided that was a good idea but there is night and day difference in the way MT was handled on the Oasis vs the Harmony!!!

20 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

After doing only My Time Dining for several years...I changed us back to early Traditional dining for our Harmony cruise next month.

Because the Harmony has added an early Traditional seating using the My Time Dining room at 5:00pm this delays all MT reservations to 6:30 or later and it was a mess!!!

I don’t know who decided that was a good idea but there is night and day difference in the way MT was handled on the Oasis vs the Harmony!!!

We made dining reservations several months ago for the Harmony sailing Dec 8, 2019. We reserved MTD every night for 6:00pm and received a email confirming this. Wonder how they will handle this.  We've heard nothing about a change of the time.

40 minutes ago, scooter6251 said:

We made dining reservations several months ago for the Harmony sailing Dec 8, 2019. We reserved MTD every night for 6:00pm and received a email confirming this. Wonder how they will handle this.  We've heard nothing about a change of the time.

If you have reservations for 6pm you will be fine. I think they are allowing a few to make reservations earlier than 6:30 to fill in the tables they don’t need for the 5pm Traditional seating.  

Once onboard we were actually able to change our 6:30 dining time to 5:30....but it involved us talking to the hostess the first night.

Edited by GTO-Girl

On 7/20/2019 at 1:33 PM, J80crew said:

This is the new  dinning   a few weeks ago. We are going aug 25, and sept 29. Some made my time reservations  early before they started using deck 3  also for 1st seating. If you have my time it will be starting at 630 in American Icon (deck three)

IMG_6885.JPG

On 7/21/2019 at 12:33 PM, GTO-Girl said:

If you have reservations for 6pm you will be fine. I think they are allowing a few to make reservations earlier than 6:30 to fill in the tables they don’t need for the 5pm Traditional seating.  

Once onboard we were actually able to change our 6:30 dining time to 5:30....but it involved us talking to the hostess the first night.

I saw that MTD didn't start until 6:30 and that seemed odd.  I guess there must be a very large demand for early dining in PC.  Must be all us (me) old folks😇

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I saw that MTD didn't start until 6:30 and that seemed odd.  I guess there must be a very large demand for early dining in PC.  Must be all us (me) old folks😇

I think these dining time changes are happening to several ships.  I don't think the demand is causing RC to make the  early traditional dining earlier and earlier.  I think it's their way to free up tables for MTD.  If they close the doors 30 minutes after traditional dining starts, then they have tables for MTD that can be finished by the time late traditional dining starts.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I think these dining time changes are happening to several ships.  I don't think the demand is causing RC to make the  early traditional dining earlier and earlier.  I think it's their way to free up tables for MTD.  If they close the doors 30 minutes after traditional dining starts, then they have tables for MTD that can be finished by the time late traditional dining starts.

That's what they did on the last few cruises we have been on.  We had early traditional and after 1/2 hour or so they would sit people in the empty tables.  I assume those people were MTD folks

Edit  But if MTD on HM doesn't start until 6:30 most early diners should be just about done by then???

Edited by molly361

This explains a lot. 

On Serenade I was facing the steps. 

Every night, as we were in the middle or at the end of our early traditional dinner, we would see people coming down the steps to our dining room. 

We wondered why so many were coming so late. 

The light bulb is now over my head and it is glowing!

Thank you!!

53 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Edit  But if MTD on HM doesn't start until 6:30 most early diners should be just about done by then???

Yes, but they can't seat MTD diners at traditional tables that late because they might not be done by traditional late time.  I suspect that they allow MTD earlier than 6:30pm.

On 7/20/2019 at 10:39 AM, taymorel1 said:

We had MTD on Harmony last May and generally had 6:30 reservations each night. They were actually great about seating us at the same table every night (except for 2x) so we got to know the wait staff well and they were both lovely. We were at a table for 4 every night (3 of us) and didn't sit with any other passengers. It was really nice, although we do like the dinner with strangers aspect too. Might have to see if we can mix it up this November. I assume you can request to sit with other people but they never offered and we never asked.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, lucyrio said:

We are on the Harmony November 3 and picked Early Seating Traditional.  What time will it be?

Thanks!

Your booking confirmation will show your dinner seating time.  Contact whoever booked your cruise to get a written copy of your booking confirmation.

• Like 1

We are on Harmony  Aug. 25th and Sept 29.     My time reservations made for each. They are not showing My time  available still until 630 and still in American Icon. Early at 500pm and seating at   Silk ,grande and Icon. Door closes now at 530. Will seat 630 my time in icon as early seating clears. Glad I made reservations at 700 and 730 as all main should be clear.  SEE POST #13.

I have  read on our two cruise meet & greet that some people that had 600pm,615pm etc My Time have been moved to early seating. What a Cluster.