QE behind the scenes tour?

erniebernie

Hi Alison, yes they will do them, best way is to ask at reception and they will either let you know personally if they decide to do them or alternatively advertise it in the daily paper. Often it depends on how busy the galley is which depends on the Itin that the ship is doing. They do a great tour behind the scenes through the theatre, bridge and engine control room on the QE and QV which I can thoroughly recommend. They are about $125 pp. The galley tour used to be free.

There are two tours - the galley (only) tour is free, open to all (announced in the Daily Programme), and in my experience held on a sea day late in the voyage. The behind the scenes tour is unannounced and has a charge as others have mentioned, and must be signed up for early.

My experience is mostly with QM2 but in June the free galley tours were still being held.

We enjoy a personal tour of the  Galley each time we sail. We appreciate the time they offer to us.

It is interesting to see and talk to the staff in the different station areas about their choices and methods of preparation.

You may want to inquire at the Pursers Desk if a tour will be offered during your sailing.

We find it always one of the high lights of a cruise. Mangia!

• Like 1

The Behind the Scenes tour on QE is excellent. We took it on our Alaska voyage. Inquire at the desk and be put on the list. They will confirm and then send the tickets to your cabin. It was our first time doing this tour and well worth the $125/pp.