Live from the Sunrise 7/22 sailing review

jimbo5544

36 minutes ago, quickrate said:

I don't understand why they would make the Red frog pub that big and not have the pay for food offered by other Red Frog Pubs. 

Pat

I believe the reason is there are no kitchen facilities on this floor AND the space is tight.  It actually follows other ships that have been converted.  

3 hours ago, MrsGrohl said:

Thank you for sharing all these pics!! We will be sailing on the Sunrise on 8/27, I can't wait.

Everything has been great so far, I am

sure you will have a wonderful cruise.  Thanks for following along.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Floor 5 port side fairly aft, where ocean plaza is on Sunshine 

I thought the piano bar was located where the ocean plaza (or at least part of it) is on Sunshine.  

Do you miss the ocean plaza?  When we were on Sunshine earlier this year we spent a lot of time there playing trivia during the day and listening to music at night.  It was one of our favorite parts of the ship. 

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I thought the piano bar was located where the ocean plaza (or at least part of it) is on Sunshine.  

Do you miss the ocean plaza?  When we were on Sunshine earlier this year we spent a lot of time there playing trivia during the day and listening to music at night.  It was one of our favorite parts of the ship. 

It is forward of the piano bar which is where the diamond event was held (fairly small).  The stage area is on the forward side as you go in.  I will try and get some pics.  This area was hopping every night, a little congested imo.  

MaraPrince,

I was on the Sunrise last week.  Some areas were cool, but some were very warm!  In particular, the Comedy Club was very warm.  They need to work on that.  I found some elevators to be very warm as well.  

Thank you for the pictures and your insights.  I’ve enjoyed following along.   DH and I are sailing on Sunshine in Feb, it will be our 1st Carnival cruise.  We’ve sailed NCL many times with a few Holland, Celebrity, and Costa sailings along the way.  Looking forward to it.  

2 hours ago, Maraprince said:

How did you find the temperature in the public rooms/lounges -- on the cooler side?

MARAPRINCE

Dining rooms fine, some cool (showroom, red frog) the piano bar was freezing

2 hours ago, BarbM57 said:

MaraPrince,

I was on the Sunrise last week.  Some areas were cool, but some were very warm!  In particular, the Comedy Club was very warm.  They need to work on that.  I found some elevators to be very warm as well.  

Have not made it to the comedy club so far. 

2 hours ago, 2bc cruisers said:

Thank you for the pictures and your insights.  I’ve enjoyed following along.   DH and I are sailing on Sunshine in Feb, it will be our 1st Carnival cruise.  We’ve sailed NCL many times with a few Holland, Celebrity, and Costa sailings along the way.  Looking forward to it.  

Thanks for following along!

14 minutes ago, Long Island65 said:

Love following along as I will shortly be on the Sunrise and can't wait!  I do have a question - were the pools open on embarkation?

Back pool was open, maIn pool was not (have seen other times when both were open).  

Edited by jimbo5544