Drink package up to $60 a day.

11 minutes ago, Angelfsh131 said:

Just noticed my package went up to $60/day too. Wasn’t sure it was worth it and was hoping it would go down.  

Question: do they automatically add the extra gratuity to the per day price in the package? Some were saying $60 $72 w/ gratuity. 

Yes, they will add 18% to the price when you check-out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Nothing like it being advertised at 20% off and was $57 and now 20% off is $60.  Glad I got in on the $18 deal.  

Gotta love RC math.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, johnjen said:

Completely agree. The cruise itinerary and times in port is often overlooked, but It's a value to some who like to drink from breakfast to bedtime. We just had $550 in OBC and used some of that.

True, especially if you are on a port-intensive itinerary with long periods ashore.  But on the flip-side, people often don't realize the drink package is good on the private islands or don't take into account those feeble 1/2 day stops at San Juan when you're back on the ship by 1:00 pm. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

Question about the Oasis... I know you can't use it at Starbucks, but is there another place where you can get a cappuccino in the morning? If so, where?

This will be my first time on this ship. Hopefully someone else can help you.

4 minutes ago, BonnieSte said:
6 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

Question about the Oasis... I know you can't use it at Starbucks, but is there another place where you can get a cappuccino in the morning? If so, where?

This will be my first time on this ship. Hopefully someone else can help you.

See post #23 from Bob.

Cafe Promenade or Park Cafe are probably the most convenient, IMHO. 

• Like 3

We just booked Monday so I missed snagging the "deal."  We don't cruise until next May so I am hoping for a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale.  I can't drink (alcohol) so we only need one Premium Drink Pkg and one Refreshment Package (plus the internet.)  I hope between now and then something comes up. If not.. oh well, it's vacation. 🍷

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Gotta love RC math.

The sad part is it makes it harder to even book things or plan with Royal because you can't ever figure out how much things will cost in the future.  We booked originally with NCL with the free drinks and a balcony, then opted to switch - think the drink packages would have been about what we paid on the Allure last year.  We got the Allure for $32 which I though was great, figured even $40.  Worst part is if it hadn't been for getting the $18 drink package, I might have considered switching back to NCL with the drink package now being at $60 a day.  It would be nice if they just had a price and stuck with it.  With the never knowing, I am not as likely to book a future Royal cruise unless I run across a spectacular cruise price which is doubtful.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

The sad part is it makes it harder to even book things or plan with Royal because you can't ever figure out how much things will cost in the future.  We booked originally with NCL with the free drinks and a balcony, then opted to switch - think the drink packages would have been about what we paid on the Allure last year.  We got the Allure for $32 which I though was great, figured even $40.  Worst part is if it hadn't been for getting the $18 drink package, I might have considered switching back to NCL with the drink package now being at $60 a day.  It would be nice if they just had a price and stuck with it.  With the never knowing, I am not as likely to book a future Royal cruise unless I run across a spectacular cruise price which is doubtful.  

We looked at NCL. Their drink package, that came with their Free at Sea, doesn't even cover a bottle of flat water.  I can't drink.  For me to have upgrade to get bottled water is insane. That is about all I drink on a cruise. Plus you paid the taxes on the value of those package, adding onto the perks.

That is not the ( main) reason we did not book with them. Our one cruise with NCL did not impress us (I am being kind.) This will be our first cruise with Royal.  I have high hopes.

11 hours ago, Angelfsh131 said:

I know people ask a lot but I really couldn’t find a good answer: what’s the average cost for a beer and a pina colada? 

Beer is $6-$8.

Pina Coloda's around $11-$13 unless it's the drink of the day, then probably under $10. ($8-$10).

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, Ronaldo807 said:

Keep in mind that every sailing has different pricing. Our cruise later this year has ranged from $49 (on sale) - $52 (full price). We have two next year. Our first sailing in March has been $50 since it was available for purchase. It's $52 as of today. The second sailing in August just came out fairly recently and was $54, it then increased to $57, and is $60 as of today. Our November 2019 and August 2020 sailing are both 5 nights and on the same ship and the difference is $49 for one and $60 for the other currently. That should give you a good idea of how different it can be.

Yes, the prices vary wildly.  I have noticed that the deluxe+Voom package often pops up on the featured things that comes up, and that has been around $71 pp/day for awhile.  I just wanted to make sure the person was looking at only the deluxe drink package and that they had made sure it wasn't the Deluxe+Voom.  

You are right though. Prices are so different- from day to day, ship to ship, itinerary to itinerary.