Does HAL Have Last Minute Pack & Go Cruise Deals

mcrcruiser

We are on the Princess Pack & Go e-mail list . They will send their discounted cruises to us periodically  .Never saw it with HAL ;but ,perhaps I am not looking in the right area of their web site . Does any one know of  Pack & Go cruise deals listings with HAL ?

TIA 

Just because no one answered your question in 30 minutes doesn't mean anything other than people with knowledge have not seen it yet. If it were 24 or more hours, maybe you can conclude differently.

Have you called and asked them? I bet they have some system for their immediate port areas for last minute bookings. I believe for HAL, "last minute" means over 72 hours.

• Like 2

They have them but to my knowledge HAL does not have a mailing list similar to the Princess, RCI, or Celebrity mail outs that go out promote their last minute specials.    We have been getting a lot from Princess and Celebrity lately but we have not bothered to examine them.

You need to keep checking or go to one of the third party TA websites that specialize in cruise offers that are 2-90 days away from blast off.    HAL (and Princess) have been discounting the heck out of late booking Alaska cruises this year and for the past two or three years.  One would think that they would cut back on the number of ships on the route however they do not seem to.

Since retiring, we primarily only consider late booking cruises  that offer good itineraries and good value.  We do the same with AI's and to a certain extent air.

Edited by iancal

We were on the Oosterdam in November 2017 and met a couple who lived in the Fort lauderdale area and received a ridiculously low offer for the cruise.  It was an inside cabin at $299 for the week or something close to that as I recall.  It was double occupancy rate so he called a female friend who he used to date and are now good friends and she went with him.  He said he assumed because he lives in Fort lauderdale he got the offer.  Some friends dropped them off at the terminal so no flights, no parking, no day before, just cruise.  I dont remember how much notice he got but it wasnt much.  He and his ex girlfriend are self employed so they had the flexibility to take advantage of it.

We have done exactly the same a number of times on Alaskan, Caribbean, and Med cruises.    If we are on a land trip in close proximity to a cruise embarkation port we typically check to see what is on offer.   Closest was three days ahead in Miami when we were in Daytona and three days ahead in Rome when we were in Sicily.   We plan to do the same this fall but prices are high so doubt that we will get anything that appeals to us.   We lived in Vancouver.  Parents bundled us, including kids, into the car, and dropped us off at the ship.    More often than not we book 30-45 days out which give us lots of time to do air, if required.

Edited by iancal

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Just because no one answered your question in 30 minutes doesn't mean anything other than people with knowledge have not seen it yet. If it were 24 or more hours, maybe you can conclude differently.

Have you called and asked them? I bet they have some system for their immediate port areas for last minute bookings. I believe for HAL, "last minute" means over 72 hours.

Once  before we phoned HAL about last minute cruise deals & did not get a good response  about discounted cruise deals close to sailing dates .Perhaps they only offer these through their preferred TAs .who in turn offer them to their preferred clients.Was just trying to see if any thing changed  . Seems to me Princess is the only Carnival corp cruise line that has those Pack & Go deals 

55 minutes ago, SweetsugarNL said:

How big is the change on a lastminute hal/Princess alaska cruise for a specific date in july?

Best bet is to phone Princess to get the best price & then ask your favorite TA if they could do better.

It is easy to check out the HAL website for last minute pricing.  For example right now do a search for August and September, check off cruise areas (Alaska, Med or whatever) and see what is available at what price. You have to work at it, but the rewards can be good.

HAL also has the weekly TOP 10 deals but I find much better by doing the search.

I sign up for TA's weekly newsletters and once in a while have found HAL prices plus extras on soon-to-sail cruises, mostly homeport.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Everything written above I concur with.  Further, if you have multiple 'devices' (computer / tablet, etc).  Go to HAL's website on each one separately.  At some point while looking at their website you will have the chance to 'sign up' for e-mails.  Sign up using a different e-mail on each device.  Why do this?

Once you have a HAL cruise booked it seems the HAL offers stop.  So HAL has my primary e-mail address, and as I have a special cruise booked for 17 months from now - I get no offers on that address (or very few).  But I have two other e-mail addresses and I constantly get offers, many with the "Top 10 cruises."  These "Top 10" are all for "Soon" embarkation (1-2 months out); so that is very similar to the Princess "Drop and go" (which I also receive).  This week's "Top 10" I seem to recall had eight Alaska sailings (including the wonderful 14 night we did a few years back) at very enticing prices.

I hope this helps!

• Thanks 1