Drinks

richbum

Good Morning-

I am wondering about drinks on the ship. I know we are allowed to each bring a 12 pack of canned soda. What about things like gatorade, juice boxes, or capri suns for kids? My grand daughters don't drink soda.

Thanks in advance

Just now, richbum said:

Thank you!

See, my issue is whether or not to keep them in their original box or not. If you do keep them in the original box, would they suspect it, open it, and ultimately, confiscate it? Likewise, if you remove them from the original box, will they suspect tampering?

1 hour ago, richbum said:

Good Morning-

I am wondering about drinks on the ship. I know we are allowed to each bring a 12 pack of canned soda. What about things like gatorade, juice boxes, or capri suns for kids? My grand daughters don't drink soda.

Thanks in advance

From Carnivals Prohibited items list

·       Alcohol (hard liquor), Beer, Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles

·       Non-alcoholic beverages in containers other than a can or carton including water; excessive quantities per person (over 12 cans/cartons per person); excessive size per can/carton (over 600 ml each)

5 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

See, my issue is whether or not to keep them in their original box or not. If you do keep them in the original box, would they suspect it, open it, and ultimately, confiscate it? Likewise, if you remove them from the original box, will they suspect tampering?

They might open the original box, but there’s no harm done. 

Edited by lensonlife

Basically, they are looking for "refillable" containers. Anything you can sneak alcohol into. Really, you can get alcohol into almost anything if you try hard enough. The gatorades will probably be a no-no. Juice boxes and pouches shouldn't be an issue.

On 7/24/2019 at 12:19 PM, twodaywonder said:

From Carnivals Prohibited items list

·       Alcohol (hard liquor), Beer, Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles

·       Non-alcoholic beverages in containers other than a can or carton including water; excessive quantities per person (over 12 cans/cartons per person); excessive size per can/carton (over 600 ml each)

We haven’t cruised since 2014.  So you can no longer bring two bottles of wine per room? 😢

Edited by ah4sail

On 7/24/2019 at 11:16 AM, jbethel11 said:

We are sailing on the dream on Saturday, and I packed my 12 pack loose(took them out of the carton) in my carry on backpack. I think I'm going to be ok. Lord help me if I fall over. I may not be able to get up! 😄

Edited by Joe817
typo

7 minutes ago, ah4sail said:

We haven’t cruised since 2014.  So you can no longer bring two bottles of wine per room? 😢

I don’t know where that prohibited list came from, but you can still take 1 bottle of wine per person over 21. It technically isn’t per cabin, because I cruise solo, and I can only take 1.

Bringing Liquor and Beverages On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages that are packaged in glass or plastic bottles.

On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less, per person.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne, per person, in their carry-on luggage. Outside this exception, all liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

Edited by crzndeb

On 7/24/2019 at 8:51 AM, jbethel11 said:

With Capri-suns, I wouldn't necessarily see an issue. However, with gatorade, those are in bottles, so no. 

We love Gatorade, great for hangovers. We bring Gatorade powder, works and tastes great

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I don’t know where that prohibited list came from, but you can still take 1 bottle of wine per person over 21. It technically isn’t per cabin, because I cruise solo, and I can only take 1.

Bringing Liquor and Beverages On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages that are packaged in glass or plastic bottles.

On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less, per person.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne, per person, in their carry-on luggage. Outside this exception, all liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

Whew😅 Thanks for clarifying!