Guarantee Cabins

We are considering booking Anthem out of NJ for next March. We are not too particular about our cabin location and were considering a guarantee cabin. I did a mock booking and choose a guarantee balcony cabin. When I look at the pricing summary, it says "Ocean view stateroom with balcony guarantee". What are my chances of getting an actual balcony that faces the ocean? Can you give me some of your experiences with a guarantee stateroom?

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, cruisin_123 said:

What are my chances of getting an actual balcony that faces the ocean? 

Very high, though that view may be blocked a bit. X GTY bookings on Anthem many times assign obstructed view balconies.

Edited by Biker19

10 minutes ago, cruisin_123 said:

We are considering booking Anthem out of NJ for next March. We are not too particular about our cabin location and were considering a guarantee cabin. I did a mock booking and choose a guarantee balcony cabin. When I look at the pricing summary, it says "Ocean view stateroom with balcony guarantee". What are my chances of getting an actual balcony that faces the ocean? Can you give me some of your experiences with a guarantee stateroom?

Thanks!

I believe the only balcony staterooms on Anthem are ones that face the ocean.

I was on the Anthem a few times and they have lots of obstructed balc. 

All balconies face the ocean but the host really does not understand that the life boat is toward the bottom part of the balcony. You have a good chance of that type of balcony. 

You still have the ocean air and also the same size as a more $$$$ balc.

24 minutes ago, Rocky123 said:

All balconies face the ocean but the host really does not understand that the life boat is toward the bottom part of the balcony. You have a good chance of that type of balcony. 

The host?

Some obstructed balconies are more obstructed than others.  If the amount of obstruction doesn't matter to you, if you just want "the ocean air" and the same size, then you should have no problem choosing the guarantee category.  

If it does matter, don't do that.

Here is my balcony from last month, which I booked as a guarantee:  

(It also shared a wall with Two70 😮 )

IMG_3153.JPG

31 minutes ago, Rocky123 said:

And the raft can block the rays of the sun. 

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The host?

Some obstructed balconies are more obstructed than others.  If the amount of obstruction doesn't matter to you, if you just want "the ocean air" and the same size, then you should have no problem choosing the guarantee category.  

If it does matter, don't do that.

Here is my balcony from last month, which I booked as a guarantee:  

(It also shared a wall with Two70 😮 )

IMG_3153.JPG

The view ain't bad 

13 minutes ago, cruisin_123 said:

I can handle partially obstructed, but not 50%! I'm glad I asked. 

Realize that the pic above is just about the worst balcony on Anthem and the other obstructed ones are not as bad.

While choosing a Guarantee rate for any ship is a crap shoot, booking a Guarantee Balcony on Anthem is particularly risky, as there are quite a number of obstructed balconies according to deck plans.  If the view is far more important to you than the air, every Anthem inside room has a floor-to-ceiling "virtual balcony," a big screen on one wall that shows a balcony view in real-time. I've been in inside and window rooms on the Anthem and have decided I like the inside rooms better.

We booked two Jr Suite or Better Guarantees on Enchantment for next July. We booked them onboard Vision in March of 2019. The Royal rep said that was the ONLY choice if we wanted a Jr Suite or above.... she made it sound like we'd have a good chance of getting a full suite if we chose that option....so we went for it. We needed the Jr Suite, but of course we all hope we get a full suite...no mention was made of any "obstructed" views. 😲 So...now I am really worried after seeing these photos.... I guess we have to wait til the last minute to find out what we end up with. Now after reading thru this thread, I guess the best we can hope for is an unobstructed view Jr Suite. …. hum.... maybe an obstructed view full Suite (which I doubt there are many) wouldn't be so bad..... 

Well...……………….. never mind.... I just took a look at some photos of the Enchantment.... I can't see ANY obstructions of their balconies....I think we'll be good. Sorry... I'd delete this if I could...

Edited by SRV FAN

8 hours ago, cruisin_123 said:

Yikes! I can handle partially obstructed, but not 50%! I'm glad I asked. Maybe I'll rethink my plan.

Have you checked the price difference between guarantee and non-guaranteed rooms? Sometimes the price difference is very minimal. I saw one today and the guarantee was more expensive than the non-guaranteed.

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Realize that the pic above is just about the worst balcony on Anthem and the other obstructed ones are not as bad.

Correct.

But when you book a guarantee category, you have to be aware that you may get the worst cabin in the category.

I did.  😀😛

However once the cabin is assigned you will have a better idea of any obstruction and if enough time you can always ask to change to another cabin that's available in the exact same category....or at least you used to be able to do this. Has this option changed?

9 hours ago, SRV FAN said:

We booked two Jr Suite or Better Guarantees on Enchantment for next July. We booked them onboard Vision in March of 2019. The Royal rep said that was the ONLY choice if we wanted a Jr Suite or above.... she made it sound like we'd have a good chance of getting a full suite if we chose that option....so we went for it. We needed the Jr Suite, but of course we all hope we get a full suite...no mention was made of any "obstructed" views. 😲 So...now I am really worried after seeing these photos.... I guess we have to wait til the last minute to find out what we end up with. Now after reading thru this thread, I guess the best we can hope for is an unobstructed view Jr Suite. …. hum.... maybe an obstructed view full Suite (which I doubt there are many) wouldn't be so bad..... 

Well...……………….. never mind.... I just took a look at some photos of the Enchantment.... I can't see ANY obstructions of their balconies....I think we'll be good. Sorry... I'd delete this if I could...

Enchantment has NO obstructed balconies, on any cabin.

11 minutes ago, Ashland said:

However once the cabin is assigned you will have a better idea of any obstruction and if enough time you can always ask to change to another cabin that's available in the exact same category....or at least you used to be able to do this. Has this option changed?

RC is giving out the assignments later and later.............probably to keep people from doing that.

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

RC is giving out the assignments later and later.............probably to keep people from doing that.

However...always worth a try...you never know. Just offering the OP something to consider if they weren't aware they could do this.

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Enchantment has NO obstructed balconies, on any cabin.

Yes, I found that out after I made my post.... I was unable to delete my post.  So I corrected it at the end of my op. But thanks anyway!