Miami Terminal A disembarkation

Good morning all!!

I was trying to coordinate flight with getting off the ship (Oasis).  Now I know 'anything can happen' part of the equation.

But I have been reading threads on how awesome Terminal A is with embarkation and debarkation.

If we are carrying off our own bags, how early did everyone get out of here?

Also, any other info that could be helpful, please feel free to lmk! 🙂  (First time cruisers with Royal here)

We have only cruised once, with Carnival, and getting off was extremely easy and fast. We were out between 6:30-7am.

Thank you all for your time!

• Clarea changed the title to Miami Terminal A disembarkation

At that terminal on symphony, we went from our cabin to our car in garage with our luggage in 15 minutes. Super easy. We walked off at 8:30 with no line. 

Edited by renza

Twice so far at terminal A and we were off the ship and in the car headed home by 730am. (Self debark, and in line at 645am to walk off... just waited for clearance.)

Edited by Mikew0805

11 minutes ago, kellyco said:

Just got off Navigator yesterday, left our room at 7:15 and was in a car to MIA by 7:30.  Flight was at 10:55. Same experience debarking Mariner in April.

What did you take for transportation?

23 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

What did you take for transportation?

There were a lot of drivers hawking their shuttles. We just got in the cab line, I didn't pay for it so I don't know the cost. Waited for about 5 minutes. Couldn't have been easier. Again, did this same thing in April.

We were on Allure in December and self-disembarked in Miami.  We waited in line on the ship for about ten minutes before they started disembarkation, and literally walked through customs -- no wait in either the passport line or birth certificate line.  

The point where we ran into trouble was getting transportation once outside Terminal A.  We had ordered an Uber, and apparently should have sooner... as we probably waited about 20-30 minutes for him to get through all of that traffic..  I have heard that it is much quicker to jump in a cab, and we will do this in the future.

Regardless, we were at Budget to rent a car before they opened at 8am.

When I disembarked Mariner in February there was a fire alarm in the terminal so they held us for about 45 minutes in the dining room. Once we got moving though, I was off the ship and through Customs in less than 10 minutes. It was a 2 day cruise, and I only had a carry-on size rolling bag, so I didn't have to stop and pickup any checked luggage or anything.

When I went on Mariner out of Miami in December I had a horrible time getting Uber/Lyft because the AT&T cell service around the terminal is terrible. There were a ton of shuttle drivers though offering rides, so for February I just used one of them. $20 cash, I was directed to a Suburban with a few other passengers, and the driver took me right to the curb at MIA.

Not sure what everyone is talking about with customs agents and separate lines for passports and birth certificates.  When my wife and I went in January we barely even talked to anyone.  Just stood in front of a camera for 10 seconds and were out.  We were shocked how fast it was.

16 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

They use facial recognition and you are off in no time.

We’ve been at the new terminal twice and the facial recognition was not being used either time.  That being said there was barely a line and we were off in record time. 

We got off Symphony on Sat, and walked off at 8:15, picked up luggage, no line up for passport, got into taxi straight away, $27 to airport, checked bags, did security and having breakfast in airport at 9am.

BTW, lots of people waiting around on Deck 5 but nobody was exiting the ship, so we just walked off.  Lots of people waiting for the bus transportation or shuttles to airport, we just walked past to taxi line and we were the only ones there.