NCL air FLL to NYC - what sort of flights did you get?

SAmome

If anyone has used a free or reduced cost airfare from FLL to NYC, what sort of airlines and times did you get?  Direct?  I assume they are responsible for picking a time that gets you in well before ship sails so it would be hard for them to book you on a connecting flight that could make it in time.

Is it sort of like booking an NCL excursion and they will wait if you are on their air arranged and there is a flight delay?  I think I've read they charge you more to come in a day earlier but not sure why since it increases just the cost of traveler for hotel arrangements and transportation.  I'm guessing if you come in a day or two earlier you might be more likely to get a connecting flight b/c they've removed the restraint for how late arrival time can be.

Have there been reports of people missing cruises b/c of flight delays booked thru ncl?  What does NCL do in that case?  

Thanks.

We are flying from Newark to Miami the day of the cruise.  Our flight leaves at 6am and coming back it leave from Miami at 1:30pm.  I am definitely happy with the times but I am nervous about flying the day of. We usually fly the day before.  

I am not sure what NCL will do. I assume you have to meet the cruise at the next port. We have the NCL travelers protection. I think it will kick in then.

With NCL free air, I just flew ATL to MIA using AA same morning as cruise no issue, return flight was on Delta from FLL to ATL at 11:30am and I was at the gate before the 10:30am flight boarded to ATL at the same gate.

Edited by drvmywifecrzy

When I called to see if a nonstop Newark to Miami could be requested for additional cost, I was told no, but that most day of flights are nonstop and early to ensure passengers get to the ship.    That may or may not be valid as I've found that responses 

vary based on whom you speak with at NCL 

We chose to fly in two days in advance and the placeholder looks like it stops in Charlotte but we were told they book about 45 days out so what we're seeing is definitely a placeholder 

Good luck with your flights and enjoy your cruise 

4 hours ago, 17cruisesnsl said:

When I called to see if a nonstop Newark to Miami could be requested for additional cost, I was told no, but that most day of flights are nonstop and early to ensure passengers get to the ship.    That may or may not be valid as I've found that responses 

vary based on whom you speak with at NCL 

We chose to fly in two days in advance and the placeholder looks like it stops in Charlotte but we were told they book about 45 days out so what we're seeing is definitely a placeholder 

Good luck with your flights and enjoy your cruise 

Please understand that most flights are not non-stop unless you are in a large metro area or at an airport hub. Most people have to connect at least once.

Beware coming soon - - -

Southwest Airlines because of the Boeing 737 MAX problem is pulling its operation out of

Newark (EWR) till a later date - they will still fly to New York LaGuardia (LGA)

This will have a significant impact on the number of seats available to the NYC area

• Like 1

Following....

We just signed up for the free air and the 'place holder' times are atrocious.  

ORD to Minneapolis 600am

Minneaplis to Miami 900am

Miami to Atlanta 730pm

Atlanta to ORD 1030pm

I mean, it is still saving us A LOT of money by taking the 'free' flights.  But man oh man, I am going to be one tired lady if our placeholder flights end up being the actual flights.

18 minutes ago, AmR87 said:

Following....

We just signed up for the free air and the 'place holder' times are atrocious.  

ORD to Minneapolis 600am

Minneaplis to Miami 900am

Miami to Atlanta 730pm

Atlanta to ORD 1030pm

I mean, it is still saving us A LOT of money by taking the 'free' flights.  But man oh man, I am going to be one tired lady if our placeholder flights end up being the actual flights.

Your return is not all that bad - you maybe able to change it to something earlier - - -

off the ship at 8 am airport at 10 flight - 11++ -  Chicago non-stop 2-3 pm ?

Now as for that going wrong way Corrigan from Chicago to Minneapolis and turn around and go back

southeast to Miami - probably has something to do with American have a fleet deficiency with the 737 MAX

airplane - Ordinarily would expect to fly AA non-stop ORD MIA

Why not Chicago Atlanta (Charlotte NC) and then Miami - instead of going 800 miles out of the way with a plane change !

Really hope you get something better - way better than this place-holding

4 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Your return is not all that bad - you maybe able to change it to something earlier - - -

Now as for that going wrong way Corrigan from Chicago to Minneapolis and turn around and go back

southeast to Miami - probably has something to do with American have a fleet deficiency with the 737 MAX

Why not Chicago Atlanta (Charlotte NC) and then Miami - instead of going 800 miles out of the way with a plane change !

Me too!  🙂  Fingers crossed.  

Totally makes sense though about the MAX planes.  I hate going north to come back south.  

But hey, a vacation is a vacation!  Woo hoo!

9 minutes ago, AmR87 said:

Me too!  🙂  Fingers crossed.  

Totally makes sense though about the MAX planes.  I hate going north to come back south.  

But hey, a vacation is a vacation!  Woo hoo!

Hope you have an affinity relationship with the airline getting all those extra miles points round-to-its !

On 7/29/2019 at 9:36 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

I don't think the MSP flight is on AA.  MSP is a Delta hub so 95% certain this is a Delta flight.  The bigger question is why couldn't they do ORD-ATL-MIA?

1 hour ago, S4POPO said:

I don't think the MSP flight is on AA.  MSP is a Delta hub so 95% certain this is a Delta flight.  The bigger question is why couldn't they do ORD-ATL-MIA?

I did not infer that the ORD MSP flight was American - American does have a problem with aircraft

availability and subsequently seat availability - American Delta Southwest and United fly Chicago - MSP

and there are a ton of seats available in this commuter market.

Yes Delta would fill the niche on a ORD MSP (ATL) MIA trip.

My position since ORD is an American hub why not ORD MIA or connection at Charlotte all on AA

the ORD ATL MIA could be all on DL and United must have ORD MIA service.

NCL must have a deal worked with the airlines to fill empty seats with less than yield fares - better something than empty.