How to check for price drops on HAL air program

coconutmonkey

I have booked my air for next April with Holland America.  When I log in to Holland America my bookings how do I check the air fare price for drops.  I am afraid I will select the wrong option and cancel my existing reservation which I do not want to do.  If I find a better price, how do I refare my flights?

Thanks so much.  I am new to HAL and their website.

I just clicked on the 'change flights' button to see what options were available.

I did call HAL about this and they told me I would be warned if did try to cancel flights.

BTW, there is a separate 'cancel flights' button.

Three times I found cheaper/better flights.  I used the cancel flights button and then rebooked to the better flights.

If  you booked direct with HAL, call them and have them walk you through the process.  Or, your TA can check for you.  Mine offered to walk me through too.

You do need to check frequently as the cost may increase or decrease.  I was able to change my initial booking and saved about one-third the cost.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, coconutmonkey said:

RocketMan275, thanks so much for the information.  It is encouraging to learn you found cheaper flights.

Airlines are notorious for raising and lowering prices, even in the same week, from day-to-day, sometimes hour-to-hour.  It always made us feel as though we got a bargain whenever we found a lower price/better itinerary than what we originally booked.  Hope you find a bargain too.

I have been able to find lower prices on our flights. I did not have to cancel first. I just accepted the new fare and the old booking was replaced with the new one.

It wasn't always a big price drop but a penny saved......

1 hour ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

You do risk it going up, you are not locked into a price till you pay in full.

Technically, that is correct.  Have you ever seen a price increase on a flight that had been booked?  My TA said that she had not.

3 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

The price could go up if it is not ticketed

I understand that but have you seen Flight Ease increase the price to an already booked flight?

I'm curious.  I know the website says they can do that.  I'm wondering if it is a common occurrence?

Edited by RocketMan275

This Thread made me think of one from last year.  Several posters reported their flights getting cancelled just by browsing for better prices.  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2551853-flight-ease-concern/  Seems like there was another Thread or two on this topic, but I couldn't find them.

Hopefully, whatever glitch there was has been fixed, but just wanted to pass that along.

1 hour ago, syesmar said:

Hopefully, whatever glitch there was has been fixed, but just wanted to pass that along.

There were subsequent threads reporting the glitch had been fixed.

• Like 1

And if I recall correctly, those people had tried looking at flights from a different airport than the one they'd already booked, for pricing reasons.  I'm really glad to hear the glitch was fixed, though.  I know I get nervous when checking for price decreases, because I'm always afraid I'm going to click on the wrong thing and my current flights will be cancelled.  Good to know they don't just go poof without warning you.