TRI-RAIL

hbe30

I was wondering if  anyone has used the TRI-Rail from the West Palm Beach- Deerfield Beach area to MIA. It is quite economical. I was wondering how do you go from MIA to the port, thanks 

I would check using Brightline/Virgin Trains instead. It will be more expenisve but drops you off in Downtown Miami, from there it is a quick Uber trip $6-$8.00 5-10mins. 

For Tri-Rail you take the slower train with more stops to MIA Airport, from there you can either take an Uber $15-$20 or Taxi $30 from the Tri Rail station to the port. Or you get on the Metro Rail to Government Center $2.50 and then get on the Uber $6-$8 to the Port. 

You see how much easier the Brightline train is, especially with luggage. And unless you take Metro Rail around the same amount of money. 

Edited by Flymia

2 hours ago, hbe30 said:

I was wondering if  anyone has used the TRI-Rail from the West Palm Beach- Deerfield Beach area to MIA. It is quite economical. I was wondering how do you go from MIA to the port, thanks 

We were going to use the Tri-rail/ Metro-rail route until I found out that Brightline goes right into the city.  The city station is on NW 1st. St., ten minutes from the terminals. You can go on the Brightline web site and look for special offers for your day of travel. It is a little more expensive but no hauling luggage up and down elevators. Just the Miami station elevator. 

In this case I'd probably take Brightline as well. Pricing is similar (due to cheaper Uber being closer) and it's faster. Tri Rail is an excellent train for the airports, but not for PortMiami. 

Wasn't Brightline supposed to be offering cruise packages with a Lyft partnership? I felt I read that. 

Edited by BNBR

I know Brightlne's special price to the ship. I believe it includes a parking stay their terminal, lyft to and from the cruise  and back to the  Brightliner station in Fort lauderdale, all fo $105 for 2.

Tri Rail is 2.50 per person one way plus lyfts etc. total bout $70 return for 2