Help with Back to Back Cruise Registration

wizard-of-roz

We are taking the first week ourselves and are paying for a relative to join us on the second week.  Since we'll be paying for it, do I need to meet her at the pier, in registration, with my credit card or can her registration be done at Guest Services on board?  I would much prefer avoiding the registration and TSA area again and re-boarding.  How is the second leg of the cruise handled as far as registration goes?

8 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

We are taking the first week ourselves and are paying for a relative to join us on the second week.  Since we'll be paying for it, do I need to meet her at the pier, in registration, with my credit card or can her registration be done at Guest Services on board?  I would much prefer avoiding the registration and TSA area again and re-boarding.  How is the second leg of the cruise handled as far as registration goes?

Your relative will check in at the pier as this will be their first time boarding. There they will receive their cruise card or medallion and will board as normal. When the relative completes the immigration information in the cruise personlizer they will enter your credit card number. With the credit card on file they will not have to provide another credit card. Should there be any credit issue it can be handled after boarding at passenger services.

You did not mention which port. But, if it is a U.S. port then you will be required to go through immigration on turn around day. The one exception is if you are doing a b2b Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver. There will be instructions in your cabin. Follow them exactly. If you are not in a U.S. port then turn around day for you is just like any other port day

Prior to the cruise you would be falling out your cruise personalizer which is all your immigration information and credit card information and all of that. And then your relative will be doing their own Cruise personalizer were they will fill up their information as well. If you are using your credit card to put on file with theirs they can plug in your information cuz there's a check box that asks if they are the owner of the credit card or not. there's no need for you to get off the ship to help him out at the pier they will just do check in as normal. At the periods a quick 1-2-3 where they will either give them a medallion or Cruz card based on which they will be traveling alone.

We also have never had to show our credit card at check-in.  They will have already validated the card.   As posted above if this turnaround day is in a US port, expect to leave the ship, process through immigration with your passport and then proceed to the waiting lounge to reboard with the first group.  

OP, are you just paying for just their cruise or for all their other expenses onboard, too (drinks, specialty dining, tips)? If you’re paying for cruise and tips, you might want to pre-pay their tips before the cruise online on your credit card and then they could put down their own credit card when they check in for any other expenses they might incur onboard - unless you’re paying for all their expenses. Either way, they are extremely fortunate to have you for family 🙌 😊.

Edited by h-sar

On 7/28/2019 at 6:06 AM, h-sar said:

OP, are you just paying for just their cruise or for all their other expenses onboard, too (drinks, specialty dining, tips)? If you’re paying for cruise and tips, you might want to pre-pay their tips before the cruise online on your credit card and then they could put down their own credit card when they check in for any other expenses they might incur onboard - unless you’re paying for all their expenses. Either way, they are extremely fortunate to have you for family 🙌 😊.

Thank you.