How secure is Voom

2 hours ago, Mythbuster said:

Yep different needs for different people,  some of us are running businesses or have jobs that require constant contact.  Our only choices are to stay connected or stay home.  I try not to work for a week and I certainly need the break.  For me it is peace of mind knowing that everything is ok and no disasters are going to be waiting for me.  I try to only check emails twice a day.  Another reason I use it is get notifications from my security system and cameras, again peace of mind.  (Yes, I know I sound really paranoid).  I also charge the WiFi cost off as a business expense.

Yes we check our house CCTV cameras too while away.

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

Me too 🙂 Only to see the Dog 🐶

Lol.

Our 7 CCTV cameras cover the outside of the house.

If any of my customers ring I will ring them back but the office know when I'm cruising so I'm not bothered.

I only use my computer/ printer at home for printing set sail passes and flight boarding passes and my mobile is what I use most of the time so to do this on board is no hassle.

Edited by grapau27

8 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

Go back and re-read what I asked for specifically. That's not it.

Really?  You're demanding that someone who tried to help you re-read your question because you aren't satisfied with their response?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Really?  You're demanding that someone who tried to help you re-read your question because you aren't satisfied with their response?

They didn't help. They didn't read what I wrote. They didn't understand what was being asked. They weren't even the one who originally said such a thing was possible, which probably means they didn't properly read THAT post before link dropping inapplicable and outdated information. Does that clarify things?

On 7/29/2019 at 10:02 PM, nadinenurse1 said:

Well, so, I am the OP, all this is over my RN head, off the boat , as we are also going to Disney, I will use my work cell WiFi hot spot, on the boat, maybe I will not check anything, or should I be okay go look at my email if the site is https.but def no personal banking..... My clients will def. survive without me , and I have a great back up Team, we are a great work family... it is just my own over the top controlling problem  I need to be sure all is well, after all it is only 4 days, you would not  believe my insanity on a  7 day cruise ,lol. Thank you to all for the data

You may want to rethink using your work cell as a hot spot.

Look at the data prices on board first.   People have gotten bills of many hundreds of dollars by mistakenly using data for background tasks on board.

With this last post I am going to go  work free, lol as I don’t trust AT &T they really did mess it up last year for my personal phone and I called 3 times they indicated one thing charged another and I had to argue into a Settlement w them, it was totally significantly a hassle this year I am going to make them email me rage agreement first before I use whatever I buy