Full Suite

weedpindle

On 7/29/2019 at 5:30 PM, Thrak said:

Glad someone else realizes this wasn't a serious post. I've actually "been inside" a suite but never booked one and, unless something incredibly unexpected happens, never will. We're lucky to be able to cruise at all. A suite is out of the question.

Never say never but I completely get what you are saying, though.  I’ve found a great deal on a window suite in the past ... so very nice!  But, like you, many of my sailings are in the value cabins: an obstructed oceanview ... best bargains on the ship!  I also have an inside cabin booked on another line and will be happy to be sailing in that cabin as well.  

I think it is great that people can get the cabin type they want and can afford ... and I can honestly say, I’m not in the least bit jealous!  I am just thankful to be able to cruise a couple times a year!  

Never have I met anybody that was snobby from one of the full suite cabins!  As a matter of fact, the ones we’ve met have  been more than generous and some of them have remained friends long after our cruise was over!  

Keep your eyes open for the suite deals.... maybe one day.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jondfk said:

Suite breakfast.  A great benefit, but on display for all to see.

Concierge lounge.  Never seen one, first trip on Royal class next month.

Sanctuary.  Not a suite benefit - open to one and all on a first come basis.incess will not go further down this path.  

I didn't say the sanctuary was a suite benefit, it is simply an area only available to those who pay.

One might encounter this when trying to get a view forward on Regal/Royal.

Or, you might find this annoying when there is a sanctuary only pool on Coral.

Compare this to 20 years ago, when any area available to passengers was available to all passengers.

Finally,  first you say "There's no part of the ship that is inaccessible to all. "

Then you agree there are such spaces, but then you don't care.

What's your point?

And, that you've never seen a concierge lounge doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

16 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Never say never but I completely get what you are saying, though.  I’ve found a great deal on a window suite in the past ... so very nice!  But, like you, many of my sailings are in the value cabins: an obstructed oceanview ... best bargains on the ship!  I also have an inside cabin booked on another line and will be happy to be sailing in that cabin as well.  

I think it is great that people can get the cabin type they want and can afford ... and I can honestly say, I’m not in the least bit jealous!  I am just thankful to be able to cruise a couple times a year!  

Never have I met anybody that was snobby from one of the full suite cabins!  As a matter of fact, the ones we’ve met have  been more than generous and some of them have remained friends long after our cruise was over!  

Keep your eyes open for the suite deals.... maybe one day.  

our one and only was from an upsell ... and worth every $ for the experience - even just on a 4 day

ranking the 'perks'

shower and separate tub

Sabatini's breakfast

club class

nice balcony and able to order off mdr menu

free same day laundry

all others including mini bar, fruit, flowers,

i'm certain I left out a few, maybe even a major one

but, yeah ... so loved just watching my wife enjoy even the smallest things like the sleep package...

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

We just wrapped up our first cruise in a suite (Window Suite). It was amazing, and I definitely hope to do it again. But it's expensive, and we used a boatload of credit card points to pay for half of the cost. As much as I'd love to only sail suites, next time I expect will be in an Oceanview (probably obstructed) or maybe a balcony if we're feeling spendy. We can technically afford a suite on its own, but we prefer stretching our vacation dollars to take other trips too.

My favorite perk was the suite breakfast, and that's going to dearly missed next time. Club Class was also great since we had a wonderful Head Waiter who made some really awesome specials. We enjoyed many of the other benefits too, but all stuff we can live without.

That said, outside the exclusive breakfast, most of the other exclusive things were also available for elite passengers (and sometimes platinum, which we'll be on our next cruise). 

I like that we weren't segregated from the general passengers for most things. It's great to mingle with people without needing to concern yourself with status, or what kind of cabin you're in, etc. We talked with lots of people, and the kind of cabin we were staying in wasn't a topic of conversation.  

But I do think there's value to discussing it on here. All of the suite discussions helped me learn to maximize our experience. Plus I had no clue what the Window Suites were until I saw them discussed here. It's a special experience for most people, who only get to do it once or twice, and they should have access to the information on how to enjoy it fully. 

Likewise, I love reading experiences from people staying in other categories, and how they maximized their experience. I've learned about non-obstructed Obstructed Oceanview rooms. Or deeper Caribe balconies. Or how guarantees work. All things we've taken great advantage of. And I'm thankful to be able to learn from others!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dani24 said:

We just wrapped up our first cruise in a suite (Window Suite). It was amazing, and I definitely hope to do it again. But it's expensive, and we used a boatload of credit card points to pay for half of the cost. As much as I'd love to only sail suites, next time I expect will be in an Oceanview (probably obstructed) or maybe a balcony if we're feeling spendy. We can technically afford a suite on its own, but we prefer stretching our vacation dollars to take other trips too.

My favorite perk was the suite breakfast, and that's going to dearly missed next time. Club Class was also great since we had a wonderful Head Waiter who made some really awesome specials. We enjoyed many of the other benefits too, but all stuff we can live without.

That said, outside the exclusive breakfast, most of the other exclusive things were also available for elite passengers (and sometimes platinum, which we'll be on our next cruise). 

I like that we weren't segregated from the general passengers for most things. It's great to mingle with people without needing to concern yourself with status, or what kind of cabin you're in, etc. We talked with lots of people, and the kind of cabin we were staying in wasn't a topic of conversation.  

But I do think there's value to discussing it on here. All of the suite discussions helped me learn to maximize our experience. Plus I had no clue what the Window Suites were until I saw them discussed here. It's a special experience for most people, who only get to do it once or twice, and they should have access to the information on how to enjoy it fully. 

Likewise, I love reading experiences from people staying in other categories, and how they maximized their experience. I've learned about non-obstructed Obstructed Oceanview rooms. Or deeper Caribe balconies. Or how guarantees work. All things we've taken great advantage of. And I'm thankful to be able to learn from others!

Glad you had a great cruise and thanks for keeping us updated.